Very interesting thread with many types of answer. Personally I have never been part of the 'I must spend a lot of money on a particular item because I spent a lot on another item' brigade. I spend what I need to get a good answer. If I have a rifle that performs very well with a particular set of mounts and a particular scope; as witnessed by no apparent change of zero etc over time, then I leave it well alone. Would I want to change the mounts to a more expensive set for a perceived improvement? No. If I thought the mounts were a weak link I would think of changing them, starting with trying other sets I have, including sets from the cheaper end of the range and culminating in what, to me, are the more expensive end of the range e.g. Sportsmatch. Would I spend much more on supposedly more expensive makes? No. But if it was clear I needed, for example, an adjustable mount for a particular rifle (and don't tell me it never happens) then I would buy one. In the same vein, would I buy the really el-cheapo mounts that cost a couple of quid from 'that site', then no, I would not as I have seen some on s/h rifles I have bought and found them lacking in some area.
In conclusion; if it works well, I see no reason to change. Money does not always buy a product that works better then a cheaper product.
But if you want to buy the best that money can buy ... I have no problems with that either as I am fully aware that 'pride in ownership' comes into the equation.
Cheers, Phil