Thread: Detachment Issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Thankyou,it was very therapeutic No detachment issues of you're own to confess?
    Yes indeed. I have 8 restoration projects in hand as we speak. Two Tell air rifles, a Relum, a Cadet, two Nepalese antique 'Enfield' muskets and a couple of other examples that only their mothers would love. All are in storage awaiting the light of day. Would I ever let them go? To the right person I guess.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Yes indeed. I have 8 restoration projects in hand as we speak. Two Tell air rifles, a Relum, a Cadet, two Nepalese antique 'Enfield' muskets and a couple of other examples that only their mothers would love. All are in storage awaiting the light of day. Would I ever let them go? To the right person I guess.
    We still seem to be a minority,no one else is confessing

Not sure...

My pal got me a Milbro Diana 27 from a boot sale three years ago. I was really disappointed when I saw it as he said it was an under leaver when he phoned me but I had said I would buy it so hey-ho! I sorted it all mechanically so it shot reasonably nicely.

I was going to sell it as I just couldn't bond with it, being rough and a break barrel.

Then I relented a bit and thought it could live in the garden shed to be on hand if the hen's pet rat made an appearance.

But that was three years ago. (It didn't live in the shed, in case anyone is thinking I'm heartless!) Yesterday it had an outing to the workshop and a play with different pellets through the crono and it shoots really consistently.

I'm starting to find it attractive.

Maybe the first signs of the problem? Or maybe it reminds me of my Meteor back in the 70's? Or am I in denial?

I did take sympathy on a really rough and graunchy Cadet Major with no spring guide. (I'm sure this doesn't count as it was so rough I had it re-blued and sorted everything mechanically, and it is now really pretty and not rough in any way.)

Red face

I suffer the affliction too

I used to sell/swap guns but found that I missed them afterward, I still have some projects to go at, They languish behind the telly in the dining room!! Although some I have managed to breathe life in to and are once again working, They may not be the prettiest guns in the world but they are functioning as they were meant to!!

Projects!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

ggggr,

The Chinese (or somebody) have a saying that if you save a chappies bacon, you are responsible for the chappie for life ?

So substitute rifle/pistol for chappie, and there you have it

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ