Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
I spend a lot of time looking at cases because I love to case pistols and the occasional rifle. I think this really shows off a great pistol and opens up the search for period accessories. I agree cutlery cases seem to be the go to, but I never found one that really looked right? I mainly have converted wooden pistol cases that match the size needs and then plan the display. English or French both can look good depending on the situation. It takes a lot of time on the bay looking at alternatives. I look at hundreds of them. The last one that really worked was a turn of the century gaming box. It was common here in the states at that time to have a case for parlor games. These will look period but again looked at so many before one stands out. Right now I am working to restore a prewar Webley pistol case that needs a lot of work. That’s a first for me, picking up some leather this week to restore the edge piping. If thats the right word? Saw it on the bay and just had to try to save it, these are almost impossible to obtain in the US.

These Hy-Score cases were both on the bay. Extremely hard to find but I’m contantly looking. I think it has to be a bit of an obsession.

This was a pistol case conversion originally this was custom case made for two PPKs. Found on the bay and gutted it. The wood was just insane curly mahogany?

Hi Steve,

I wouldn't do much more than clean the Webley case to preserve originality. It looks like a nice original example.

John