Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dunno about perfection, but a Walther LGV with a Rekord trigger would be pretty close for me.

If a Sporting break barrel has to be relatively light weight, not too long, good trigger, excellent accuracy, sleek lines then my Diana 280 or 34k with their mild tune fit the bill very well without any other modifications.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

HW80k with Webley Silencer, B&C Full Monty tune and brassy bits!!! Retired my original 1986 HW80 with a brand new 80ks in 2008. Shot like a Granny on Speed out of the box so sent straight to Dave. Been an awesome peach of a tool since!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

As it stands a lightly fettled 98, with a well sorted trigger would do just nicely I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro7dave View Post
    As it stands a lightly fettled 98, with a well sorted trigger would do just nicely I think.
    My HW95 has a steel barrel sleeve, so quite close to a 98.
    I have tried a lot of different springs, piston weights and piston seals, but somehow never get along with the rifle in the long run.
    New setups tend to feel good, but after some shooting I go back to other guns.

A 95/98 with a shortstroke piston, that could be something!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    My HW95 has a steel barrel sleeve, so quite close to a 98.
    I have tried a lot of different springs, piston weights and piston seals, but somehow never get along with the rifle in the long run.
    New setups tend to feel good, but after some shooting I go back to other guns.

A 95/98 with a shortstroke piston, that could be something!
    I had a 98 with a stock spring, custom guides and shortstroke and one of Luke Jolly s trigger setups. It was a fantastic thing to shoot. I'm gonna get another and do exactly the same I think.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro7dave View Post
    I had a 98 with a stock spring, custom guides and shortstroke and one of Luke Jolly s trigger setups. It was a fantastic thing to shoot. I'm gonna get another and do exactly the same I think.
    I don't think I've had a 98? I was tempted when the lam stock one came out, but it was beaucoup cash!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I don't think I've had a 98? I was tempted when the lam stock one came out, but it was beaucoup cash!
    Tinners, why not pick up an HW98 barrel and shroud to try out on an HW95? I have one which will first be tried on an HW80 and then maybe on the HW85!
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It was your innards in it bud. It was absolutely spot on. I think I gave 300 for the standard rifle. I like the nose heavy feel. To be fair I used it that much I sold my all singing all dancing tuned to buggery 97.

Quote Originally Posted by STR8SHOOT3R View Post
    Dunno about perfection, but a Walther LGV with a Rekord trigger would be pretty close for me.
    To be honest if the LGV / LGU is fitted with a properly thought out trigger blade that makes effective use of the leverage offered by the design of the mechanism then set up correctly, it transforms into something that equals the Rekord or the Air Arms CD trigger unit.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by STR8SHOOT3R View Post
    Yeah, I would have kept the LGV if it wasn't for that horrible rear-block-safety-trigger-something.
    With a custom stock it would be close to perfection.

Yeah, I would have kept the LGV if it wasn't for that horrible rear-block-safety-trigger-something.
    With a custom stock it would be close to perfection.
    So, I finally have a second hand wood stocked LGV coming in the mail.. just hoping its a good one!
    Too many airguns!

So, I finally have a second hand wood stocked LGV coming in the mail.. just hoping its a good one!
    Lovely; enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quoting myself a lot here....
    But the gun turns out to be a Walther Century- the guy advertised it as a Walther, and I got excited and forgot that the century existed...
    So now I have what turns out to be a quite accurate high power .177

But it is brutal to cock and fire- does anyone have experience with setting up soft and accurate tunes on these??
    Too many airguns!

Quoting myself a lot here....
    But the gun turns out to be a Walther Century- the guy advertised it as a Walther, and I got excited and forgot that the century existed...
    So now I have what turns out to be a quite accurate high power .177

But it is brutal to cock and fire- does anyone have experience with setting up soft and accurate tunes on these??
    No first hand experience, but at a guess..

SLEEVE THE BUGGER DOWN TO 25MM AND FIT THE LGV PISTON!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!