Thread: schmidt and bender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagben77 View Post
    I wish I could afford a scope like this. Are they that good???

Maybe one day!
    Yes they are.

I had a few ex military S&B 6x40 (I think) sniper scopes, these were the german ones IIRC.

The optical clarity was truly breathtaking.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPotter View Post
    Yes they are.

I had a few ex military S&B 6x40 (I think) sniper scopes, these were the german ones IIRC.

There were indeed HP. I still have one I got from you. Ex German army, with one piece mount. Number 2 sniper reticule. Green in colour. Well it used to be. I refinished it in black. Still use the original mount because 25mm won't fit!!! I think the scopes are 26mm tubes. Everyone who has had a go with it sing it's praises. It will reside with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    There were indeed HP. I still have one I got from you. Ex German army, with one piece mount. Number 2 sniper reticule. Green in colour. Well it used to be. I refinished it in black. Still use the original mount because 25mm won't fit!!! I think the scopes are 26mm tubes. Everyone who has had a go with it sing it's praises. It will reside with me forever.
    is this maytuntatpie?

It's been so long my marbles are going lol.

I actually found some mounts that fit it - but couldn't re parallax the one I'd put aside for myself :-(

Ah well, such is life.

Glad yours is still going strong amigo.

is this maytuntatpie?

It's been so long my marbles are going lol.

I actually found some mounts that fit it - but couldn't re parallax the one I'd put aside for myself :-(

Ah well, such is life.

Glad yours is still going strong amigo.
    It is indeed meytantaytipi.
    All I did to reparallax was loosen off the front element, put a suitable o ring in place and tighten up. Bang on 30 yds!

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    It is indeed meytantaytipi.
    All I did to reparallax was loosen off the front element, put a suitable o ring in place and tighten up. Bang on 30 yds!
    Awesome - neither myself or a gunsmith could loosen mine, so I sold it as is for full bore use.

Still got the fwb300 I traded you for?

To the op, sorry for going ot.

Awesome - neither myself or a gunsmith could loosen mine, so I sold it as is for full bore use.

Still got the fwb300 I traded you for?

To the op, sorry for going ot.
    Mine just unscrewed quite easily. Bringing the lens forward did the trick. In fact you could actually keep turning it and using it to parallax right down to a few yards. Sadly not accurately enough to range with.
    No, don't have the fwb any more. It just got a bit heavy for me to lug about and I prefered it to be used than sat doing nothing. Can you remember that Herman Wierauch's buddy fancied it? I forget his name. I did have tne s&b on it. I also let that Hudson bloke loose with it. He did a full strip and service abd fitted a new one piece spring. We got it to do 8fpe. I used to go round the ft course at ponty with it and did reasonably well considering the low power, the mag, the reticule, and a consumste lack of skill on my part.

I have a 4-16x50 PMII on my TRG22.

Lovely piece of kit (both of them are). I switched over from my Nightforce - both are built like bricks and do their job but the Schmidt has better light transmission. The only down side of the Schmidt is that I was never worried about knocking the Nightforce in the way that I am protective over the Schmidt.

I got mine just before all the prices went up due to Gordon Brown mismanaging the economy, so second hand it is worth more than I paid for it new That said, it is an investment in pleasure and life more than in finance so it is staying with me for the moment!

I own some scopes. Among them: Nightforce (12-42X56 Precision Benchrest), Zeiss (Duralyt 3-12X50) and Schmidt & Bender (PMII 5-25X56). The S&B is by far the best.

ATB
    emi

BTW: There's a new S&B. It's called: 3-27X56 PMII High Power.
    100mairgun.nl (TRANSLATOR on top! )

FT

Different scope i know but i use the FT model . if anything i think they are TOO bright . i use a diffuser in mine to cut the light down . dunno if they do em for the smaller models but for the bigger ones they do em on flea bay ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

I've used s+b scopes on my stalking rifles for about 15+years and can honestly say I wouldn't use anything else.
    I have the fixed mag ones like 6x42 and 8x56. They are bomb proof as was proved one night when I dropped my rifle on the floor landing on the scope. Just a couple of little marks were all that were there.

Yes they are.

They were a 6x42 which were fitted to the L96- Quality was excellent and could easily hit Huns head targets at 600 metres yards with this combination.