Thread: crazy people!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubashot View Post
    As far as I am aware the largest available 300 bar scuba cylinder is only 12 litres, which does still contain more gas than a 232 bar, 15 litre cylinder.

I am not sure how compressed nitrogen gas is produced commercially but I would imagine that compressors are involved at some point.
    We certainly use molecular filters with some dive compressors to reduce the nitrogen content of our breathing gas. It is an alternative method of producing enriched air (nitrox), rather than putting a specified pressure of pure oxygen into a tank before topping off to the required pressure with air.

As long as appropriate water filters are incorporated into the compressor then air is certainly dry enough for use in any air gun. It is also widely and cheaply available from many different outlets.

on large scale they do it by cooling air until it liquifies, then they warm it up and distill its fractions/components. On small scale yes you can have a nitrogen generator/which uses compressors with membranes
    (usually there are 2-3 compressors in the unit, which are likely to fail and if one failes, the other 2 keep it going for a while.) compressors all fail if not maintained often. Expensive. yes the water will condense out in the process so if you lead it out, the end product is drier than the ambient air. the inline filtering is a futile process the filter medium saturates fast, you will have to mess around with the desiccant way too often.

...my example with the 15L bottle was the unrealistic large N2 bottle versus a very small room, i would say you could get a headache from it max. If any at all. Dont do it in the cupboard, with the doors shut behihnd you. lol
    If you have a large man size bottle, yes have it somewhere where it is not fully enclosed. With good ventilation. Commons sense.

I am not saying scuba air is bad, but i would not recommend steering clear of any compressors. Too much wear and tear and high costs. I am also a scuba diver, these two hobbies go well along. True.
    Last edited by krisko; 07-04-2018 at 05:04 PM.