update.......
tried it without the innertia weight, shot cycle 'feels' the same........ but........noticibly more muzzle flip
im beggining to thing the weight isnt just to calm recoil/surge........ but to be a 'weight' that is moving to help counter flip........ i guess the momentum has a singular-direction gyro effect to some degree........who knows, but what i did experiment with was the friction of the innertia weights movement........the long and the short of it is i have re-sized the outer edge of both o-rings a little, this is now allowing the weight to be pushed and pulled much easyer......i have also ported both entrances of the central hole........ this is afterall a kind of transfer port now then... i didnt want it moving under its own weight [this would then give varying degreed of friction/movement at different angles of elevation [shooting uphill, versus downhill for example] but wanted it free-er to move more within the piston upon firing..... this does seem to help dampen recoil/muzzle-flip even more........
this was by no means a scientific test, this was just shooting into a backstop with the rifle balanced on a bean rest and observing rearward movement and flip movement........
i dare say you could get very mathematical and alter the inneria-weights overall weight........ work out the best hole size [like a TP] and engineer-in a precise friction of movement....... thats for someone much cleverer than myself
personally i have gone as far as i want/need to........ at present it has a very fast locktime, and recoil is mostly on the horizontal plain [no noticable muzzle flip] ....... whats more its ridiculously consistent fps wise....... like better than any springer ive tested so im happy ....... all i need to do now is find a lovely stock for it