Thread: MTC Mamba & Viper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have the 10x44 Viper, awsome scope BUT I wish MTC would bring out a fixed 10x36 or a 2.5-8x36 etc with the scb reticle, Same spec as the Viper just smaller and still side PX but no need for a wheel. Perfect for HFT and hunting, it WOULD sell very well. So how about it, get in there first before others do

A front focal plane one would be nice at a variable 3-9 or 4-12 magnification... But you can't please everyone...
    Alex

Thanks for this review -- it looks like the Viper 4-16x50 IR will be on my shopping list this summer.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Thanks for this review -- it looks like the Viper 4-16x50 IR will be on my shopping list this summer.

You're welcome mate. The Vipers are cracking scopes, so much so that I'm considering moving the 10x44 Viper from my FN19 (I am getting a Falcon Menace 7.5x50 for the FN19) over to my HMR; I want to do some proper longer range testing out to 200yds and beyond so I think the SCB reticle will be better suited to this for the HMR than the 4a on the Mamba.

Incidentally, I just got another Mamba for my FAC'd HW80- the 1.5-6x42 version with the 4a ret. Very nice compact scope with the usual clear optics and it should suit the 80 very well for using around the farm on ferals, rats and bunnies.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Big Dave is offline Formerly known as Badger410
    I have had my 4-16x50 mamba for a few months, I had a 10x44 Viper for a short while, bought s/hand hoping it would be an improvement on the Mamba for HFT. I found it to be as good but no better, so I still use the Mamba.After looking through a few other (some way more expensive) scopes, as possible replacements for the Mamba, I can say, I'm truly impressed with it.

Anyway......

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi-tong View Post
    I have the 10x44 Viper, awsome scope BUT I wish MTC would bring out a fixed 10x36 or a 2.5-8x36 etc with the scb reticle, Same spec as the Viper just smaller and still side PX but no need for a wheel. Perfect for HFT and hunting, it WOULD sell very well. So how about it, get in there first before others do

I'd like to second the new scope proposals but.. can I have mine with Mamba turrets please?

Mamba Scopes.

Good to read that the MTC scopes are being well received; I have been unlucky in that I have gone through two Mambas in the last 6 months - the first had a siezed magnification ring, and the replacement started to internally bloom with the illuminated SCB reticle and started to lose the zero after a few trips out (gun travels in proper case and is carefully handled) so I have lost a bit of faith in their build quality from my own experience.

MTC have been great though - spot on customer support and exchanges done as a one for one and with no quibble at all.

I'm looking for a replacement now from another maker (running on a Nikko Sterling Mountmaster bought on here for now) but am struggling to find a scope with equivalent bells and whistles for similar money.

It'll probably be a N-S Nighteater 4-16 44 and I'll do without the illuminated reticle to keep the saddle focus (nice).

Cheers