Thread: Long range advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for all the replies, haven't got back at this since. Hope conditions are calm over the Xmas holidays and I'll be back at it. I've fitted a V-mach kit since, but also I have developed a cataract in my right eye .....not bad enough to be removed yet under the public system but annoying when pushing the limits target shooting. I wear glasses for reading but don't need them for anything else. I could get driving glasses but I don't need them....for driving but am wondering if they would help when looking through the scope. I was trying empty .22 rimfire cases last weekend but couldn't focus on them. I used to love the sound they made spinning away.

Quote Originally Posted by Retnuhtibbar View Post
    I was trying empty .22 rimfire cases last weekend but couldn't focus on them. I used to love the sound they made spinning away.
    I used to enjoy shredding an empty fag packet offhand at 100 yards with ten rounds of 303, but I really think .22 empties are a bit challenging at that range.

Try to find something of a size between those and the biscuit tin...
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Quote Originally Posted by MikB View Post
    I used to enjoy shredding an empty fag packet offhand at 100 yards with ten rounds of 303, but I really think .22 empties are a bit challenging at that range.

Try to find something of a size between those and the biscuit tin...
    Sorry....should have clarified the 22 shells were at 30 yrds