Thread: Using WD40 on air rifles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post
    Personally.... I just love the smell of it. I had an aunt who used to spray her arthritic hip evey day with it convinced that it was doing her good. She was (of course) barking mad.
    Lmao...there may well be a nugget of truth in that,wd40 was iirc made from fish oil many many moons ago,a sort of 'cod liver oil' in an aerosol
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Lmao...there may well be a nugget of truth in that,wd40 was iirc made from fish oil many many moons ago,a sort of 'cod liver oil' in an aerosol
    fish oil ? nope

What a Fish story!
    Myth: WD-40® contains fish oil.

Fact: Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40®. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.
    WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40® can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40® to attract fish.

“WD-40® Cures Arthritis!” No Way.
    Myth: WD-40® cures arthritis.

Fact: This popular headline, appearing at least once a year in the tabloids, is completely FALSE. WD-40 Company does not recommend the use of WD-40® for medical purposes, and knows no reason why WD-40® would be effective for arthritis pain relief. WD-40® contains petroleum distillates and should be handled with the same precautions for any product containing this type of material

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    fish oil ? nope

What a Fish story!
    Myth: WD-40® contains fish oil.

Fact: Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40®. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.
    WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40® can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40® to attract fish.

“WD-40® Cures Arthritis!” No Way.
    Myth: WD-40® cures arthritis.

Fact: This popular headline, appearing at least once a year in the tabloids, is completely FALSE. WD-40 Company does not recommend the use of WD-40® for medical purposes, and knows no reason why WD-40® would be effective for arthritis pain relief. WD-40® contains petroleum distillates and should be handled with the same precautions for any product containing this type of material
    Got rid of my toe nail fungus, i kid you not.

wink

Wd40

I just remembered I did a little none scientific test on a bit of new clean bare steel a couple of years ago. it was posted on another forum. I was on temporary leave from this one at the time!

Steel was new and clean. Samples were applied with a cotton bud and rubbed well in. Test piece was on my shed roof laid flat for about five days I think. It rained and we had heavy dew," Sept". The test really proves nothing and it is what it is. These were the products I had to hand at the time.

Left to right- Bare steel.- Eddes red, a home brew shotgun barrel cleaner.- Bisley gun oil.- 3in1 oil.- ACF50.-
    -Ballistol.- WD40.- Renaissance wax.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    I just remembered I did a little none scientific test on a bit of new clean bare steel a couple of years ago. it was posted on another forum. I was on temporary leave from this one at the time!

Steel was new and clean. Samples were applied with a cotton bud and rubbed well in. Test piece was on my shed roof laid flat for about five days I think. It rained and we had heavy dew," Sept". The test really proves nothing and it is what it is. These were the products I had to hand at the time.

Left to right- Bare steel.- Eddes red, a home brew shotgun barrel cleaner.- Bisley gun oil.- 3in1 oil.- ACF50.-
    -Ballistol.- WD40.- Renaissance wax.
    Well 2 do stand out, WD40 is one of them.