Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with
    I hope you didn't get it from the dodgy looking bloke who was selling a few up at the club last night.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sure did just because someone is well turned out & handsome doesn't make them dodgy

Sure did just because someone is well turned out & handsome doesn't make them dodgy
    Why would somebody with that description be at Rivvy eh?

....now it does sound dodgy
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Why would somebody with that description be at Rivvy eh?

....now it does sound dodgy
    Which reminds me. How is 'Oliver Twist' these days?

Now that was funny! We got away with it and both clubs learnt something.

What soup is on next Monday night? Ive heard Heinz have gone into administrone.

ATB
    TC1
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Looking Good.

Following a meeting with Phil who has offered to take on the job of scoring all of the MPL 6 yard cards ( yes he does have an Eagle Eye scoring probe) it is looking like the proposed rules are just about right ( lets keep it simple) and so we are almost ready to start promoting this new venture and see how many we can get to give it a go.

Phil can accept scores from scanned copies of the targets each month with coloured card underneath for those that are technically minded and fearful of the GPO (or just too tight to buy a stamp), and we may include a suitable coloured backer in every entry pack to help with this option.

Shot cards can be handed in to RMTC on any club night for Phil to score (for those that live close enough to do this) or posted to an address yet to be confirmed, so we have three ways to choose from for returning the cards each month.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Indeed it was a very productive meeting.

Hopefully I should get a draft pdf of the rules out over the weekend, for a final proof read before going live.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Well done Stiggy - this could be fun!

A live final will also be a first!

Count me in

I would like to have a go at this please. I have a webley ssp.

Whats £10 in the general scheme of things?

Looking forward to this

3 pints or nearly 2 tins of pellets or one of each

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    I would like to have a go at this please. I have a webley ssp.
    Thanks Jimmy - I have added your name to the list.

Soon we will be inviting all those that would like to enter to let us have their post address so we can post out the entry packs to them - you can let me have this by PM any time it suites you.

Good luck, and thanks for your support by entering this new postal competition.

6 yard Air Pistol Shooting 2014

Please check the rules at the start of this thread and add your name to the 2014 6 yard thread if you would like to join our 6 yard postal competition that starts in January .

The 6 yard MPL competition is ideal for those that would like to compete with a spring powered or SSP air pistol that cannot get to a club or just enjoy being able to shoot from home or some other safe place at you own convenience.

The series will have 6 rounds and it would be good to shoot one round each month - a nice relaxed competition that can be shot more or less when you feel like it - but if you can score your cards and email the score's to us by the end of each month we can show the results on the 2014 thread so everyone can see how ell they are doing.

Like this year each round has 6 cards to be shot at 6 yards - and you need to put 5 shots on each card.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re scoring.

hi bob.apologys if this is a daft question but when scoring a pellet strike ;at what point of the hole in the card determines the score.ie is it the centre of the pellet hole in the ring it goes through .
    cheers bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob.apologys if this is a daft question but when scoring a pellet strike ;at what point of the hole in the card determines the score.ie is it the centre of the pellet hole in the ring it goes through .
    cheers bob.
    Hi Bob,

In the MPL competition we "score up".

This means that if your pellet hole either touches or cuts through a line that divides the different scoring rings then you take the higher score.

e.g. if your pellet is in the 7 ring but it touches or cuts the line between the 7 and 8 rings then you score 8.

If the pellet hole is between the lines of the 7 ring then it scores 7 as you would expect.

If the pellet hole is in the 7 ring but touches or cuts the line between the 6 and 7 rings then you score 7.

I hope you can understand my poor description of a very simple scoring technique