Thread: Wasp shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    The Klan's got nuthin' to do with WASPS (which would be you prob'ly) 'n me. . The Klan is pretty much defunct... (good thing) 'n I say that as a rabid white Southerner. The Anglo-Saxon's denote those whose ancestry's from England, Ireland, Scotland 'n Wales (here). Apparently the MSM weenies who coined that term never heard of Celts 'n the Germans/Scandanavians don't count 'cause these MSM morons dunno what Saxons are either. (Viking Danes) 'Last time I filled out one of those gummint forms with 'race' ad nauseum at the bottom... I listed "Other" 'n wrote in 'Pictish-Celt'. My Surname is Shaw... Clan proginator Shaw-mor... 3rd son of Duncan, King of Scotland... decended from McDuff... who whacked the last of the Pict Royals 'n boinked the Kings daughter. I've got this history stuff suitcased 'n stenciled.
    I believe you left out the 'Jutes' and the term Celt for the indigenous population at the time of the Roman 'Conquest' was a misnomer the Romans didnt know who they were but they looked like the Celt's who they whopped in Germany so for ease lumped us together so I guess you'd better check the spelling on your suitcase,

Personally I'm 3rd generation East End ratbag being Franco-German on my mums side and jewish-English on my dads! Don't think the I pass the Clansman requirements!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post
    I believe you left out the 'Jutes' and the term Celt for the indigenous population at the time of the Roman 'Conquest' was a misnomer the Romans didnt know who they were but they looked like the Celt's who they whopped in Germany so for ease lumped us together so I guess you'd better check the spelling on your suitcase,

Personally I'm 3rd generation East End ratbag being Franco-German on my mums side and jewish-English on my dads! Don't think the I pass the Clansman requirements!!!!

Come on guys, lets get back to the fun stuff.
    INSECT ASSASSINATION
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Picture Rocks, Confederate Territory of Arizona
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Come on guys, lets get back to the fun stuff.
    INSECT ASSASSINATION
    'Day ain't over yet!

'Really hot here now... When it cools a little... they'll be out tho. (OR) I get 'n the pool 'n they'll be all over the place. I need a better BB gun.
    A round downrange cannot be recalled

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana cajones View Post

Jutes were Danes (Jutland)... 'lumped in with the Saxons. Romans never invaded the north... or stayed anyway. 'Got their helmets handed to 'em. Hadrians wall was built to keep 'my' ancestors out. Celt comes from Greek: Keltoi... Barbarian.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Jutes were Danes (Jutland)... 'lumped in with the Saxons. Romans never invaded the north... or stayed anyway. 'Got their helmets handed to 'em. Hadrians wall was built to keep 'my' ancestors out. Celt comes from Greek: Keltoi... Barbarian.
    Jutes and Danes the same difference as Celts and the then Romano-British tribes but before Hadrians Wall there was the Antonine Wall just outside Dundee!

To Paraphrase our Scottish dept at the Museum of London (yes we have one):

Many Roman forts have been identified in Scotland, and a number have been more or less explored. The most famous are Birrens on the Solway, the Roman Blatobulgium, and Newstead, Trimontium, on the Tweed. The excavations of Newstead, by the late Dr. James Curle in 1905 - 1910, formed a landmark in the history of classical archaeology in western Europe. The northmost permanent fort so far known is at Cardean near Meigle in Angus. Thence a line of marching camps extends northwards at least as far as the Spey.

The most important Roman work remaining in Scotland is the Antonine Wall. The frontier line betwixt Forth and Clyde was first marked out by Julius Agricola in the year A.D. 80. Some of his small entrenched posts have
    been identified. In AD. 142 or 143 the legate Lollius Urbicus, acting for the Emperor Antoninus Pius, laid out a permanent frontier on the Agricolan line. This consisted of a wall made of sods on a stone foundation, except
    in the eastern section, where the wall is of clay. In front was a ditch, deep and wide, and in the rear a military way. The garrison was disposed in some thirteen or more forts. The whole barrier is 37 miles long. It was held,
    but with at least two interruptions, till about the end of the second century.

The Scots (as with many cultures) have a miss-led belief that they were never conquered; the fact is they had very little to offer the Roman empire in the way of agriculture or minerals (as known of at that period) so where left to their own devices but still taxed and controlled...

Whats the above got to do with insect assassination?
    You lost me totally

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Whats the above got to do with insect assassination?
    You lost me totally

Tony

Some would argue Christ off the cross... or with a post stump. All those 'Celtic Festivals' we have will now forthwith be called: 'Jute Jams' 'n 'Dane Doin's'! Willy Wallace had the right freakin' idea!

SCOTLAND FOREVER! ('Runnin' out to hoist the White cross of St. Andrew on my flagpole... !!!!!)

I picked up a bag of rubbish today, little did i realise it had a wasps nest in it, so i got stung in the face for my trouble, right between the eyes, so this weekend its my sole intention to assasinate wasps.
    BSA Scorpion 177. BSA Jaguar 1.5-6 x 44

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    I picked up a bag of rubbish today, little did i realise it had a wasps nest in it, so i got stung in the face for my trouble, right between the eyes, so this weekend its my sole intention to assasinate wasps.
    There was a colony of wasps that'd made a home in the hollow beam over my gate. I shot a few but...

So... 'Waited 'til it got dark.... Wasps were watchin' TV or somethin'. 'Unloaded an entire bottle of Wasp/Hornet spray (Pssssshhhhht) down the end of the beam... 'Ran off. 'Next morning there were over 40 or these nasty things dead or dyin' around the gate. Unknown how many were croaked inside.