Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
HW45 gone, old Jackals gone and the Lightning Tactical XL gone plus lots of other modern PCPs that don't have wood stocks and blued metal. From what I have seen of politics, it is necessary to fight every inch and every increment. Throwing anyone else's hobby to the wolves just encourages the wolves.
The gun trade would not survive without CO2 pistols. They sell in much bigger numbers than sporting rifles and the buyers are a lot more generous.
Don't get me wrong, I wish there was an organisation to fight for us all and hold the line. But there isn't and it doesn't look like there ever will be. BASC is good as far as it goes, but its focus is sporting firearms, and airguns are an afterthought. BASC has lobbied hard to keep gun laws that might affect country landowners fairly static, but didn't manage to counter the tabloid-led hysteria that led to airgun licensing in Scotland.

In the absence of an NRA-style umbrella organisation that protects us all, airgunners are exposed and talking tough about sticking together sounds good but in reality won't help stop the next incremental attack on our rights.

In 50 years' time, if airguns are going to remain in general ownership, maybe we have to think hard about what is realistic in a hostile climate. Being able to own a concealable firearm-lookalike probably isn't realistic, but owning an HW35 or AA TX200 might well be, given some shrewd manoeuvering.