Thread: air pistol advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    i am afraid no-one has ever shot 598 ex 600 in International Competition with an air/CO2 pistol

The world record for air pistol is 593 ex 600 (695.1 with final)
    This was achieved by Segei Pyzhianov of USSR in Munich 1989
    An incredible achievement nevertheless particularly if he used a CO2

The Gamo was mentioned above as a budget pistol. A step-up would be the splendid FAS 604 single stroke pneumatic
    There is one for sale in Sales section @£175
    Fair enough on the correction. I did say "I think"!

Yes, the Gamo Compact is a budget pistol, but I would still stand by the statement that it will outshoot most club level shooters and therefore should not be dismissed simply because it is not expensive enough.
    The FAS you mention sounds a very good buy.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Fair enough on the correction. I did say "I think"!

Yes, the Gamo Compact is a budget pistol, but I would still stand by the statement that it will outshoot most club level shooters and therefore should not be dismissed simply because it is not expensive enough.
    I would not disagree with that Derek. I own a Gamo and if you do your bit they will hit the 10 every time. The one disappointing thing I find about the Gamo is that the grips are on the large size for younger shooters to get their trigger finger in the correct position. If this had been addressed by Gamo, then I think they would have sold even more of these pistols.There is a gentleman at my shooting club who uses a Gamo in the county 20 yard competitions and he has the highest average in the club (about 92/93 a card)This pistol is the only one he shoots, so the saying 'beware of the man with only one gun' is relevant there
    hold me back !!