Thread: What is it about the 80?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I'd never thought of it before, but you're right. The HW99 is the Austin Allegro of the airgun world.

Rhys, I know you never rush into things, but did you try Craig's HW80 in .25 at the bash?
    That's what you want, that!
    If it was the engraved.25 I think that gun was a 95 Nick, and I have 1st dibs on it .
    Les..

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    If it was the engraved.25 I think that gun was a 95 Nick, and I have 1st dibs on it .
    Les..
    I thought it was too cos it balanced so well. I'm sure he said it was an 80.

Hang on, I'll ask......

CRAAAAAIIIIIG!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Hang on, I'll ask......

CRAAAAAIIIIIG!
    Yeah it handles and points really nice, and shoots so smoothly. The best sub 12 .25 springer I have shot.
    Les..

Yeah it handles and points really nice, and shoots so smoothly. The best sub 12 .25 springer I have shot.
    Les..
    Wasn't it justM he told me what was inside it which is why I'm pretty sure t was an 80

Les..

Hang on, I'll ask......

CRAAAAAIIIIIG!
    Les..
    Hello lads.
    It’s a 95, well, the cylinder is.
    I bought a scrapper 95, pre safety stamp and fitted a modern .25 HW80 carbine barrel to it. Then Shaun sleeved that as they benefit from some forward weight.
    I’ll bring it to the October bash, all being well.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hello lads.
    I bought a scrapper 95, pre safety stamp and fitted a modern .25 HW80 carbine barrel to it. Then Shaun sleeved that as they benefit from some forward weight.
    Cheers, Craig
    What ever it is, it's still a very special gun.
    And yes it will be great to see you and your lovely springers at the October Bash.
    Atb
    Les..

What ever it is, it's still a very special gun.
    And yes it will be great to see you and your lovely springers at the October Bash.
    Atb
    Les..
    You too, as always, mate.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hello lads.
    Cheers, Craig
    Which will be where I saw the HW80!

Doh!

The 80 is over engineered and a brick shooting 12ft/lbs, its design is really for 16 to 18 ft/lbs. Due to the weight its pretty forgiving and has that Rekord trigger.
    I think the HW77 is the better rifle all things considered.

So a very well made, heavy engineered, "man's" rifle that handles and shoots very well. If you can manage the weight then lots to like, even love. But to me its far too much rifle for a hunting break barrel; the HW77 is a hunting and target rifle so that weight and bulk is justified. A HW95 is to me what a 12ft/lbs sporting hunting rifle should be, as is the FWB Sport, Webley Omega.

If it floats your boat have one. John Darling's was in .22 with a Supermoolighter scope and fully tuned; a brick and a half which ensured it stayed on target (he soon moved over to a Rapid 7).

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The 80 is over engineered and a brick shooting 12ft/lbs, its design is really for 16 to 18 ft/lbs. Due to the weight its pretty forgiving and has that Rekord trigger.
    I think the HW77 is the better rifle all things considered.

So a very well made, heavy engineered, "man's" rifle that handles and shoots very well. If you can manage the weight then lots to like, even love. But to me its far too much rifle for a hunting break barrel; the HW77 is a hunting and target rifle so that weight and bulk is justified. A HW95 is to me what a 12ft/lbs sporting hunting rifle should be, as is the FWB Sport, Webley Omega.

Spot-on Muskett. The 80 has an air of mystique (like the Tiger tank) to some people, but the 77 was the real break-through rifle from Weihrauch. FWB Sports were still beating 80s at FT when the 77 came out and knackered everything else.