Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Thread: Bonfire Boinger Bash ?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If any of you fine chaps are remotely interested in bikes and have a full licence and fancy a play on a big throbbing Red Duke, just give me a ring and you can have reserved slots!!
    That's actually something I've been meaning to do. A couple of years ago my friend blagged a go on a 1198 from a local place and recommended I do the same. I've always been quite curious about the 848 myself but never actually gotten round to riding one.

If the bash happens to fall on that weekend, that could work out quite fun for me (if an arranged slot isn't being too cheeky)...

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    That's actually something I've been meaning to do. A couple of years ago my friend blagged a go on a 1198 from a local place and recommended I do the same. I've always been quite curious about the 848 myself but never actually gotten round to riding one.

If the bash happens to fall on that weekend, that could work out quite fun for me (if an arranged slot isn't being too cheeky)...
    You'd be more than welcome on my account, sir. BUT, the shop's in Sheffield, so about 100 miles north of Mick's?

And I hope they DON'T clash, you cheeky monkey!!

But, as I say, you'd be more than welcome to come and have a play, either on the day, or any other day on our shop demo bike. The other alternative would be to choose a more local Ducati dealer....if you go onto the Ducati website, click onto the "Roadshow 2015" icon and the dates for various dealers are listed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

You'd be more than welcome on my account, sir. BUT, the shop's in Sheffield, so about 100 miles north of Mick's?

And I hope they DON'T clash, you cheeky monkey!!

But, as I say, you'd be more than welcome to come and have a play, either on the day, or any other day on our shop demo bike. The other alternative would be to choose a more local Ducati dealer....if you go onto the Ducati website, click onto the "Roadshow 2015" icon and the dates for various dealers are listed.
    Oh darn, that's far lol. I was thinking from your location it was Notts which wouldn't be so bad. That's quite some commute you have there

Well hopefully I should be free for the April bash. If not then it'll be June

Is there any interest in a bit of friendly tuning/modification competition? Take an inexpensive and easily available air rifle (B2) and make it better. It must use the original cylinder, piston and barrel (they can be modified). Any accessories allowed. Best rated one by the shooters at the boinger bash wins tuning glory.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    I think that Mick's already won that one with his B2SR.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Maybe, but he hasn't stuck a fold on stock or sprated it black yet.

Mick and chaps.....

Looks like we have an event planned at work for the weekend of 18/19 April, so, sorry to be a pain, but it would be very handy and appreciated if we can avoid that weekend! .

And I'm buggered for the weekend of 25th and 26th Tone.

I'm still seriously looking at April 4/5 as the 3rd and 6th are bank holidays.

The only other weekend is the April 11th and 12th.

If we go for the bank holiday weekend that gives us a full two months before the June Bash --- I'm easy on which of the two weekends we go for, so I'll just wait for a bit more input from the lads before deciding.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    And I'm buggered for the weekend of 25th and 26th Tone.

I'm still seriously looking at April 4/5 as the 3rd and 6th are bank holidays.

The only other weekend is the April 11th and 12th.

If we go for the bank holiday weekend that gives us a full two months before the June Bash --- I'm easy on which of the two weekends we go for, so I'll just wait for a bit more input from the lads before deciding.

All the best Mick
    Cheers for that, Mick.

Whichever one we end up with, I'd have to book off as holidays, as weekends are normal working days for me.

If it were to be the Easter weekend, I'd be able to take either Good Friday or the Monday off, but not both and I wouldn't be able to do Easter Sunday - that'd be me in the dog house, methinks. But if I book the Saturday off, that would mean I could get there on the Friday and Saturday OR the Saturday and Monday.

If it were to be the following weekend, from a purely selfish point of view, I think that would probably suit better, and I also wonder how many of the other Boingermen may find it difficult to keep families etc sweet over Easter??

However, as you say, if we get a general consensus from the various peeps involved, the Boingermen and lasses and CrazyKev and the gang.....pick a date and then we go for it!! I'll fit in as to what suits the majority.

Er...

BOING !!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Damn , I'm shooting at kelmarsh 4 / 5 / 6 April .....

Are you prepared to base your calendar around me ..... ??????? 😊 no ??????

If I can't make it ..... And it pains me to say it ...... Have a bastard of a bash !!!!!
    Www.wendoverairrifleclub.co.uk
    Quigley Hollow Airgun Club
    I kicked the bucket , with 2 feet firmly on the ground

Jed Clampit is offline Boomin' hell do I look that old???
    Nooooo...!
    I've been watching this thread for new dates as i couldn't make the last two and i'll be at Kelmarsh as well.
    Damn it Janet!
    Its too early to be witty.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Agree with Tony, I recon us folk with kids home over Easter hols etc would struggle to get the Easter weekend away... so my vote is for 11th / 12th

Plus if we treat our families over Easter, we can bugger off guilt free the following weekend

ATB - JB

PS Andy, ref tuning comp, I'd keep it loose / make it easier - e.g. any gun worth less than £100 new or £60 secondhand. However the SR b2 really has got that wrapped up

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I broached the subject last night and got a distinct feeling that I'd be on the sofa if I went away over Easter.

Dave

I'm working all over Easter, so would favour the 11th / 12th

April 11th and 12th it is then

Thanks for the input lads, I normally try to avoid the FT/HFT rounds anyway and I wouldn't want to be the cause of Dave's marriage breakdown, so April 11th and 12th it is then.

That weekend is normally quite mild with a chance of light showers, so it should be good, I know this because I married my first wife on April 12th in 1986 --- weather was good during the day but a frosty reception at bedtime.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 20-01-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Looking forward to this already Mick. Given the nature of some of the recent posts on this forum, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you had a few requests to put the bucket out at 100 yards