Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New fwb sports

New fwb sports

hi all ,just thought id pass this info no to all you peps asking about the new fwb sports . called into Manchester air rifles the other day to pick up some pellets etc and we started talking and he told me he had spoken to the sale rep / importer and asked about the new fwb and was told it will not be avalible in the uk as a sub 12 flb rifle [only in fac in the uk] so that begs the question what are home market germans going to get for there 7 jouls limit [ fogot to ask ] . it all might add up, as we have all seen pics of the rifle but no demos or info in the press for the uk and there not pushing it .and for the price there asking imo there wont be a massive market for them

atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Ah well, looks half-arsed anyway!
    Good deals with these members

your not wrong there pal
    atb john
    ATB JOHN

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Doesn't make sense... as you say, they are getting DE spec ones, and FAC spec, so one in the middle should be easy !

Anyone got any specs on stroke/bore/port yet ?

Rgds - JB

hi JB , no one said there getting german spec ones [7 joule ] thay might not bother with them as well. who knows

atb john
    ATB JOHN

I don't think it's going to ship.... I think FWB overestimated demand. We'll have to see what they do. They will need to cheapen it if they want to compete on price. If they want to charge as much as I've seen that's fine but it had better not cut corners. In today's dollars I think the listed price is cheaper than the original 124 .... maybe people aren't willing to pay now?

I'd support them if it's as nice as my FWB300 - I'd even pay over $1000 US. Be interesting to watch.
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by gibboj View Post
    hi JB , no one said there getting german spec ones [7 joule ] thay might not bother with them as well. who knows

atb john
    Ahh, I see, sorry. But I thought I'd seen them on some DE sites ?

It will be 28mm piston and I bet 80mm stroke...its 18J in FAC form, so if MAG are correct you need to order the DE spec gun (and hope it has a metal trigger blade thats adjustable) and just long stroke it back to around 75mm>80mm for UK use...dead easy Diana spec springs, HW 95/77/97 springs, TX spec springs, LGU/V spec springs...all should work fine.

For the price though it has a beach stock which is OK as long as the rest of the engineering is top notch, if it has a match based trigger this could be the break barrel we are all waiting for although it will have to be reworked to 15.5J first

Importing one from DE is simples....order monday and shoot it friday
    Last edited by bigtoe01; 30-07-2014 at 10:57 PM.

£435. (plus post) from here: http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s...le-model-sport although they don't seem to be in stock, so I suppose you'd want to request a delivery date.

FWB will first come out with the full power version, then with either the 12 or 5.5 fpe version. That's the information I got from one of the FWB reps on IWA.

Or do you really believe they restrict themselves to a really really small market? I don't think so... Full power version is easier to do than the others (optimised spring/piston) for each power level and country...
    Last edited by Arschilecki; 30-07-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arschilecki View Post
    FWB will first come out with the full power version, then with either the 12 or 5.5 fpe version. That's the information I got from one of the FWB reps on IWA.
    It was requested I heard by JIm Maccari so sales will be US biased first...however i bet the DE spec one is available also as the home market will be keen to have it too.

Quote Originally Posted by gibboj View Post
    hi all ,just thought id pass this info no to all you peps asking about the new fwb sports . called into Manchester air rifles the other day to pick up some pellets etc and we started talking and he told me he had spoken to the sale rep / importer and asked about the new fwb and was told it will not be avalible in the uk as a sub 12 flb rifle [only in fac in the uk] so that begs the question what are home market germans going to get for there 7 jouls limit [ fogot to ask ] . it all might add up, as we have all seen pics of the rifle but no demos or info in the press for the uk and there not pushing it .and for the price there asking imo there wont be a massive market for them

atb john
    I'm willing to bet the low powered ones will be sold with a weak spring fitted and the proper one as an accessory on the German market. I cannot see FWB bothering to make a rifle with different internals for a small market where the legal requirements are less than the rifle was developed to acheive. Fact of life in the real world. High power US market only. Any disruption to production of a base high power model would be uneconomical.

your proberly right greenways as bigtoe says theres a half a dozen way to get the rifle up or down in power its not rocket science . it just goes to show that with the dimensions that bigtoe has given [if some wear near right] the germans are designing FAC rifles from day one and not realy intrested in there own or uk market [which might be a tiny market by comparison to the usa market ?] it looks like the rifle will reach 18 flb with them mesurments .I think im right in saying the german 7 jouls law is only a probationaly period for new shooter / rifles ?. there must be a place in the usa market for air rifles but I would have though it would be very small or for kids as you can buy rim fires .22lr / 17hmr cheaper than top end air rifles,
    atb john
    ATB JOHN

The original fwb sport has 28mm bore, 77mm stroke, the Diana 280 which is in essence a sport copy has the same bore and stroke. The fwb has a much shorter transfer port however and is more efficient..which makes it tune that little easier and is why it was more popular (and still is)
    Any new fwb sport would do well to copy the old bore and stroke, but improve the trigger (which was its weak spot) and the stock.

To get it down to 7.5J i have a feeling fwb will have a piston running around 65mm stroke, maybe 70 tops, as long as the piston uses a latch rod this can be altered to push it back up to 77mm or so, however in .22 all that would be needed at 65mm stroke is a stiffer spring as long as the transfer port is short enough to get 15.5J, it may even be doable in .177 also...it all depends on the TP.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    but improve the trigger (which was its weak spot) and the stock.

Don't forget the weak barrel lock up Tony
    it only had one spring behind ball catch, I expect the new one will have two like Diana, if they keep the ball lock up.