Thread: Where do .22 and .177 come from? ...and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    There was a thread on this very topic in the General Airgun section a week or so ago, with many of the answers, and much of the info you are looking for.
    I know... I started it. But although it helped gather a lot of the ballistic history of the caliber and it's development for rimfire, it still didn't produce a definitive answer for the WHO and WHEN concerning the adoption of .22 and .177 for airguns....
    ...which is why the thread is reiterated here among the gurus and Illuminati of COLLECTABLES.

'Cos sometimes it is GOOD to be a pedantic geek, and I really want to know the history of the stuff I like to do!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffool View Post

'Cos sometimes it is GOOD to be a pedantic geek, and I really want to know the history of the stuff I like to do!
    Ahh-ha, a Kindred Spirt. Then I totally Sopport your M.O. Nice one, well done, and keep on keeping on with your quest. After all, every day is a school day (as I believe I may have said once or twice before ??? ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.