Thread: HW 30 Gas Ram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    So does the centre piston trigger latch rod run through the middle of the ram and the large outer plunger compress the gasses when cocked, there must be some good seals in there.

This is interesting then as if it works for HW's then may be one for other centre rod rifles will be available at a later date?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    So does the centre piston trigger latch rod run through the middle of the ram and the large outer plunger compress the gasses when cocked, there must be some good seals in there.

This is interesting then as if it works for HW's then may be one for other centre rod rifles will be available at a later date?

Pete
    Pete, the design principle is basically the same as other gas rams that have been around for years, except for the filling valve for the air being in the piston head. Also they look like they have a very high quality build spec. Think price will match the quality.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

If the fill inlet is in the piston head whats the assembly like with a ram at full pressure? Simular to a spring i stall or harder to compress baz?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Hi BAz, ref Pete's question... does the centre rod run through the ram, emerging from the centre of the rear guide ? I assume it must ?

Obviously the HW30 does not have a piston skirt latching trigger like a supersport or meteor, for example...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Hi BAz, ref Pete's question... does the centre rod run through the ram, emerging from the centre of the rear guide ? I assume it must ?

Obviously the HW30 does not have a piston skirt latching trigger like a supersport or meteor, for example...
    like this I would assume . click the pics. they did not come out right for some reason.

[IMG] [/IMG]

https://airenlaces.blogspot.com/2012...iston-igt.html

[QUOTE=bighit;7898131]The older version here .

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2018...piston-part-1/

good read... looks liek that one never made it to production though...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

yes, exactly what I was thinking... can't see how else it can be. Only disadvantages is you have twice the opportunity for a leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yes, exactly what I was thinking... can't see how else it can be. Only disadvantages is you have twice the opportunity for a leak.

Would that be the same way the Theoben HW80 one worked ?

In the article above they say its patented I'm guessing that would be due to the Theoben one being lapsed .

Vortek Products Inc, long known for innovation in retrofit air gun products, has been in the air gun business since 1989 providing innovated, custom-built air gun muzzle brakes and tune kits. With many years of experience in manufacturing, we were the first to receive a patent for a “Hollow Head, nylon Tip Pellet”, and receive the first and only patent for a “center Latching” gas spring piston for air guns in 1994! We’re excited about the new and ever growing opportunities in the industry. We plan on this site to exhibit innovative design ideas as they are created that are happening right now here at Vortek.
    Last edited by bighit; 07-07-2020 at 12:58 PM.