Thread: Are springers stuck in the 80s?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hmm. You might like a Rutten Winstar Mach 1, with a front-hinged underlever and a loading trap... It's like a ProSport had sex with a Webley Eclipse while thinking about a Daisy Powerline.

https://www.co2air.de/thema/9463-rut...cal-7-5-joule/
    Different.....and no!

For the one I'm describing, picture something like the LGV. Barrel still opens, but only a few degrees and with that fine (I guess) barrel latch. But barrel not connected to a cocking arm / linkage, hence the underlever. Barrel under no stress and loading is direct to breech with total safety. Nice, short transfer port like a HW80 (if the barrel latch allows).

Although the underlever could still have your fingers! Having said that, a little like a tap loader, you'd simply cock the action and return the lever in one action, so it's not like you're having to hold it open to load.

As mentioned previously though, it wouldn't be boasting the fastest loading sequence.

Not even saying it'd be viable or that I have a burning desire for it, like!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Different.....and no!

For the one I'm describing, picture something like the LGV. Barrel still opens, but only a few degrees and with that fine (I guess) barrel latch. But barrel not connected to a cocking arm / linkage, hence the underlever. Barrel under no stress and loading is direct to breech with total safety. Nice, short transfer port like a HW80 (if the barrel latch allows).
    Gotcha. Like a BSA Spitfire PCP? But with a spring and an underlever ... It's certainly an interesting variation.