Thread: old vs new targetshooting stances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thnx for all info! Reason I ask ís, cause I have a Webley MK3 Supertarget, and wanted to know hów they shot it at the 10m discipline in the days these were made. As it obviously doesnt have an UITrail. By 2point sling you mean sling-swivel?
    ATB,
    yana

A 2-point sling attaches to the rifle at two points (2-swivels); similarly a single point sling attaches at only one point and a 3-point sling attaches at 3 points.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Thnx for all info! Reason I ask ís, cause I have a Webley MK3 Supertarget, and wanted to know hów they shot it at the 10m discipline in the days these were made. As it obviously doesnt have an UITrail. By 2point sling you mean sling-swivel?
    When the Supertarget was made, no one who was serious shot it at 10 mts! The sling would only be used prone and kneeling, and no one shot the supertarget 3p either, aprt from the fact there was also no air gun 3p done then.
    The Supertarget's original home was on bell targets and the original 6 yd competitions such as those run by NARPA, which were limited to recoiling rifles.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    When the Supertarget was made, no one who was serious shot it at 10 mts! The sling would only be used prone and kneeling, and no one shot the supertarget 3p either, aprt from the fact there was also no air gun 3p done then.
    The Supertarget's original home was on bell targets and the original 6 yd competitions such as those run by NARPA, which were limited to recoiling rifles.
    Robin
    Thanks Robin, great info as usual from you! Always wondered what the 'rationale' was for my Supertarget.

+1, that was what I wanted to know! I know the ST wasnt a 'real'targetgun, so wondered what it was 'made'for.
    I like to shoot it accordingly, hency my question!
    When did they start 3p shooting anyway? Or kneeling?
    ATB,
    yana

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    3p with small bore and fullbore has been done for many years cetainly at least the 1920's, I'm not sure of when it became popular with air (came from Germany with youngsters) probably since Co2 and PCP's.
    Its now done in England with youths using Sporter class air rifles, don't know for how long.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?