Thread: K22 Long Barrel Pistol from Caledonian Classic Arms- initial review plus Youtube vid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FWIW...

I have 3, 19/20 round mags and only one still holds open, seems like after a lot of use the springs do weaken, the mag that still behaves definitely seems to have a happier spring (For the time being) But like Scott says they cant guarantee they will always hold open! That said I very rarely run the gun dry so it really isn't an issue!

I`m just happy I can stuff in more ammo!! I only got 11 in my Buckmark and 15 in my IJ 1911!!

Looking at the 10 rounder's (I`ve got 2), I don't think they can be converted

RR

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire-rebel View Post

Looking at the 10 rounder's (I`ve got 2), I don't think they can be converted

RR
    This is exactly what I was afraid of

I bought my extended ones as already assembled, so had no idea about possible spring issues though touch wood, mine alright so far.

Anyone know why the 13 round mags are no longer available?

My slide stop spring seems to be quite strong!!, that might be a factor as to why 2 mags are not now behaving, I will have to find out how to strip the gun a bit further and check it out.

I`m sure it doesn't need to be as resistant as it is!!

RR

Cool Update...

Well, I stripped my Xtrim down, (Not the easiest pistol in the world) and tried a weaker slide stop spring, the gun just didn't like it! The spring rests on a cross bar and it needs to be quite strong to return the slide stop quickly and deep enough so as to not hinder the slide, what I did notice is that the sticky out bit (Tech term ) on the mag follower is VERY flimsy and the slightest wear has caused it to miss the sticky out bit (as before) on the slide stop. I think a little JB weld might be the answer here!!

I think I might strip it again in the near future and do a little video and post it.

RR