Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Boinger Bash, 7th June--- Event and Payment Details

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    I must get my arse in gear and send off my cheque lol.

I meant to strip and sort out my old Webley Tracker after last year, but haven't got round to it - anyone going who can give me a hand to do it there? I can bring tools (oooeeerrr missus). Tinny - are you bringing a tx200 with your drop in kit in it? I'd like to compare mine with one that's had one of your kits fitted

Get me cheque sent off asap - scout's honour
    I've had people ask if I could bring one along to try, so I may bring a few for people to fit and try themselves. (FOC of course)

i can help you with the tracker on site too, but you'd be doing me a huge favour if you could post the spring and piston to me a few weeks before the event so I can have some Tinny-tinker-time!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I've had people ask if I could bring one along to try, so I may bring a few for people to fit and try themselves. (FOC of course)

i can help you with the tracker on site too, but you'd be doing me a huge favour if you could post the spring and piston to me a few weeks before the event so I can have some Tinny-tinker-time!
    pm'd you

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Just picked up 3tins of pellets from audiguypaul (lovley man) zero'd my new and very very gourgous glass .., just posting my sunshade off to xtx to have it shortened to fit my rifle & have some shimms made to space the lock ring on the scope ....,
    My new scope covers are here, pellet pouch & shooting cap....,

There is only one thing left to do..,
    Post my cheque

I'm going to enjoy actualy hitting things this year, (other than the zeroing plates!! Oh & the floor!!)
    As my setup & skill has improved LOADS since last year.
    Its a good way of reviewing your progress & I'm really really looking forward to it
    All sounding well, sound, matey!

What new glass did you settle for?

Oops, sorry didn't spot your new glass details on your siggy; nice one!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

He won't.., its camouflage., LOL!!
    No worries, I'll SNIFF you out!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    I must get my arse in gear and send off my cheque lol.

Get me cheque sent off asap - scout's honour
    Good man! Do it!!

Might have a couple of guests, Mick.
    Not a BBS member, but a chap who comes to valet our used bikes for the showroom, and his 14 year old son. HW98 and Vulcan.

If it's a yes, shall I just post off another cheque for £40 in my name?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Cool, I'll take a break from 'hitting everything' to watch you

What sort of shooting cap by the way? Is it the type with the privacy flaps on the sides of the peak? If so, I wanna get me one of those!
    No., Sounds interesting, not heard or seen them.., its just a std baseball cap style with a real tree effect.., for., £3.99!!!! Fab value. I wouldn't wear one but the hood on my cammo jacket is a nightmare as it flops down over my eyes. With the cap the peak keeps my eyes free even when I'm deep under my hood. (i gues this is like the privacy flaps?) All I need to do now is modify my scope cover so it opens and folds flat so it doesn't foul the peak of my cap.....,
    It does take time to really get you rig Woking well in the field a....,

I look forward to playing at the bash., what springers you bringing rickenbacker??
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    No worries, I'll SNIFF you out!
    ...., ......, now there's a challenge.....,
    Maybe if I smear myself in horse manure or fox poo il put you off the sent....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

All sounding well, sound, matey!

What new glass did you settle for?

Oops, sorry didn't spot your new glass details on your siggy; nice one!
    Yeah.., it cost a bit, maybe a bit too much but its a liftime investment & seriously its quite somthing., the 2.5x is fab for super close & 10x is plenty for miles away.., its bright, really bright. I can now shoot in moonlight! & the ret is lovley. It does cover all the bases. Il show you at the bash you still up for trading the pred for an EVO for a few comparison shots?

Yeah.., it cost a bit, maybe a bit too much but its a liftime investment & seriously its quite somthing., the 2.5x is fab for super close & 10x is plenty for miles away.., its bright, really bright. I can now shoot in moonlight! & the ret is lovley. It does cover all the bases. Il show you at the bash you still up for trading the pred for an EVO for a few comparison shots?
    That new scope sounds absolutely lovely, matey. Nice one!

Re the Pred.....Yep, can bring it along if you want. I actually decided the other week to retire it.

I'd already thought about having it serviced by Steve Pope. I could do it myself but, as the maker (Steve Thornley) and Venom are the only people that have been inside it, I thought it'd be nice if Steve would do it, but I guess his waiting list is too long. It's never been serviced/lubed sine it was Lazaglided back in about 1990/91.

Pulled it out of the cabinet the other week. Nipped all the screws up. Trigger blade (non-standard) was catching on the base of the trigger guard. Just backed it off a tad so I could take it down the club....Needs a little spacing washer, really...Over the chrono, 2fps variation but I guess that's 'cos it needs a lube!

Had a few goes and that's when a few memories came flooding back...The reach to pull is MAAAASSSSIVE! And the (rubber) butt pad is really slippery, so if you want to employ a springer friendly loose hold, she slips out of your shoulder.

Still love the old gal, though!

As I have so many other HWs to use I just thought I'd retire it. But, if you'd like me to bring it along, I can, no problem! Just for you!
    Last edited by TonyL; 22-04-2014 at 09:52 PM.

That new scope sounds absolutely lovely, matey. Nice one!

Re the Pred.....Yep, can bring it along if you want. I actually decided the other week to retire it.

I'd already thought about having it serviced by Steve Pope. I could do it myself but, as the maker (Steve Thornley) and Venom are the only people that have been inside it, I thought it'd be nice of Steve would do it, but I guess his waiting list is too long. It's never been serviced/lubed sine it was Lazaglided back in about 1990/91.

Pulled it out of the cabinet the other week. Nipped all the screws up. Trigger blade (non-standard) was catching on the base of the trigger guard. Just backed it off a tad so I could take it down the club....Needs a little spacing washer, really...Over the chrono, 2fps variation but I guess that's 'cos it needs a lube!

Had a few goes and that's when a few memories came flooding back...The reach to pull is MAAAASSSSIVE! And the (rubber) butt pad is really slippery, so if you want to employ a springer friendly loose hold, she slips out of your shoulder.

Still love the old gal, though!

As I have so many other HWs to use I just thought I'd retire it. But, if you'd like me to bring it along, I can, no problem! Just for you!
    Don't bring the old girl unless you want to., is love to try it again but if she is in retirement I don't want to push I'm sure you have plenty others :-)

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    I will put a cheque in the post
    I have it here with me now Neil

It'll be good to have you back, did you sort your SLR easily ?

All the best Mick

Don't bring the old girl unless you want to., is love to try it again but if she is in retirement I don't want to push I'm sure you have plenty others :-)
    I'll bring it along, matey. It'd be nice for you to have another go on her and nice for some others to see, too.
    If I get the chance, I'll give it a lube service and sort that blade to guard clearance.
    I was planning on dropping some spring and guide kits into my 99 and one of the 95s....Starting tomorrow with the 99, but it's looking like tomorrow's going tits up already with hospital appointments etc!

Gotta happen soon, though!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

It'll be good to have you back,
    All the best Mick
    Excellent. Nice one, Neil!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

It'll be good to have you back, did you sort your SLR easily ?

All the best Mick
    The SLR went off to an engineer friend of mine who promptly set about making a tool for getting out the blockage. I really must see about getting my gun back off him! lol
    Mind you - I never really bought it as a gun for shooting much - I just wanted one out of interest and for the collection really (daft I know - but if that rumoured Feinwerkbau underlever ever appears I will be having one of them too for probably the same reason! )
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles