Thread: New air arms break barrel rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    We are picking on AA for not producing a break barrel springer the size of a 99, and tuned to perfection as the 99 requires to be half good. A 99 shop price is £200 but then needs the cost of a tune. Even after tune they cannot match a big heavy underlever rifle for pure ease of consistency. Sure some people can get hem to shoot well, but most of the target market can't or will struggle.

Thats a bit out of order in my book.

I happen to have a highly tuned 95 and its lovely, but it doesn't do any better than my Fenman. Thats because if I do something wrong in hold both can throw a shot further than a head shot on a pigeon.
    Factory out of the box a AA TX or a HW77 style heavy will be less unforgiving. Anything light weight is going to struggle when they do throw a pellet off the group.
    Think I'm repeating myself.

Anyhow, I agree with AA not to do something that isn't already well provided for. The things they do do they do well.
    you are talking about hold sensitivity. the 95 in .177 is dreadful for that. the 99s in either calibre is not at all hold sensitive. that is why it is a much better bet than the 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
    you are talking about hold sensitivity. the 95 in .177 is dreadful for that. the 99s in either calibre is not at all hold sensitive. that is why it is a much better bet than the 95.
    My 95 isn't terrible, I suspect the shorter barrel 99 has the edge though. Possibly on centre of balance too. Certainly my 95 wants to shoot tight, just does it when given a certain hold; like many of my springers.

One market poorly addressed is the youth, small people's, market.
    Something proportionally like the BSA Cadet or Webley Vulcan MKI of old. Is the 99 that cute?
    Maybe if AA had spare capacity they might do something in the "small" break barrel department. Short stubby, forgiving, and classic. But at their build quality, even with great performance, could this market warrant the premium that an AA would have to demand? Some fathers might be willing to spend that on their children's kit??? Whatever a 99 with full tune costs....??

There are many here who still have their childhood rifle.

To me its proportions and good trigger, the latter always was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    One market poorly addressed is the youth, small people's, market.
    Perfectly addressed by the HW30s - also much loved by older, bigger people...