Thread: I'm back after 8 years! Kind of!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Nick,
    If you're in Cannock then your nearest club range will be Rough Wedge FTC (Sunday morning 9-1pm) £3 to shoot.
    Other 'informal FT/HFT' clubs in the immediate area that I can think of: there's Kinver ARC (great place and well worth a visit), Penkridge ARC, and great range is Dostill in Tamworth. Furnace Mill (furnace is a bit further but well worth the trip as it's a 'proper' HFT course). 'Proper' FT courses that I can think of: Milride FTC, Purley Chase and Far Coley - all a great day out.
    Someone will know more as there's quite a few around here.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

And the GreyHound in Coventry of course - brilliant place.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hi Nick,
    If you're in Cannock then your nearest club range will be Rough Wedge FTC (Sunday morning 9-1pm) £3 to shoot.
    Other 'informal FT/HFT' clubs in the immediate area that I can think of: there's Kinver ARC (great place and well worth a visit), Penkridge ARC, and great range is Dostill in Tamworth. Furnace Mill (furnace is a bit further but well worth the trip as it's a 'proper' HFT course). 'Proper' FT courses that I can think of: Milride FTC, Purley Chase and Far Coley - all a great day out.
    Someone will know more as there's quite a few around here.
    Cheers, Craig

Thanks Craig! Great info there! Where abouts is rough wedge mate?
    Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Actually.. Is it on the same road leading off the tip island and opposite newhall farm pub??

Thanks
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hi Nick & welcome
    As Gary said get down to the bash. Loads of rifles and a lot have been tuned.
    Just stand at the back of the poly tunnel and ask loudly "what's the best springer" stand back & watch the fight.
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete
    Pete

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Welcome home, Nick, welcome home (lol ). Good luck with the springer shooting, too -- springers have far more soul than a PCP, so you will grow to love it . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Just stand at the back of the poly tunnel and ask loudly "what's the best springer" stand back & watch the fight.
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete

Oh no it's not

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Its the TX200 BTW

Pete

Oh no it's not
    Or maybe a HW97

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    Or maybe a HW97

Haha make your mind up

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Quote Originally Posted by Bop448 View Post
    Actually.. Is it on the same road leading off the tip island and opposite newhall farm pub??

Thanks
    Nick
    That's the one mate, about 50 yards up that road (Newlands Lane), on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    That's the one mate, about 50 yards up that road (Newlands Lane), on the left.

I thought that had stopped!! But then again I might be thinking of the golf range! That's where I first started off, they got a nice little HFT course there still?

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Also.. Any decent budget scopes out there that will suit me for HFT? Cause I might just go straight back into pcp.. I loved it too much!

Atb
    Nick
    TEAM 400V

Quote Originally Posted by Bop448 View Post
    I thought that had stopped!! But then again I might be thinking of the golf range! That's where I first started off, they got a nice little HFT course there still?

Atb
    Nick
    Yes mate, still going strong - I've been using that range since I was 14 which is, well, a long time ago...

Remember you really need .177 for hft especially in springer class.
    You must have half mil dot.

There is a big difference between tx200 and tx200hc .

If you are,a wide guy or have a bit of a belly or very good strength you might be OK with a tx200 however if you are, thinner or not as strong then txhc is the one the weight is much further back so doesn't wobble as much as the tx200 or a 97 .

But that just my opinion based on about a years testing with all three.

Lots of others will say tx200 is better but not for standers in my experience.

Also tx is easily as accurate as any PCP if you can shoot it well but much harder and more rewarding than PCP .

I have multiples of both but don't bother practicing with the PCP s you don't need to if you shoot springers alot .

Best scopes for my eyes is hawk panarama and high mounts suit my face with a standard tx stock just spend more time shooting 8,10,13,15 yards groups .

Tbh a tx with a scope is gonna be £250 to £300 and for a base level PCP is the same and you can fill up at the clubs for £1 a day so its not such a big problem .
    You could be looking at s200 ,s400,ultra,scorpion,etc for that money.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 19-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.