Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What rifle?

Sub 1K .... Walther Rotex R8 in .177 & a second R8 in .22 .. plus two spare mags for each calibre ... both lighter than HW 100 ... both made in Germany ... its an idea !

Only one I would consider from your list is the HW100. Pure class compared to the rest

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT70 View Post
    i've sold my HW100K as it was too heavy for long nights ratting with the scope and NV set up. weighed in at 12 lbs as opposed to 8lb odd with my BSA ultra multi. which is just as accurate and enjoyable. the hw100 didnt have any issues with double loading mags however, which the bsa does if you use the wrong pellet and rush on reloading the bolt! :-)

my friend has a custom R10 with shortened barrel, Hugget shroud, 11.5ft/lb and good shot count, and it weighs about the same as my ultra set up. thats the route i'd go now tbh. hw100 is a killer gun, but too heavy for long sessions lumping it round even with a sling.
    As with most others on here mate, you've missed that I suggested an aftermarket cylinder on the rifle, thus removing a huge portion of weight.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

The idea of a Ti aftermarket cylinder bothers me - not from any mechanical POV, more for the poor sod machining it.

I'm starting to feel that I may have to wait for a show to see anything other than an AA or HW100; those are fairly well stocked (no pun intended), but the other suggestions are much rarer round here. If online lists are to be believed, of course.
    Peter

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Cool

You could go for the lightweight 410, but I would go for the new laminated hw100 KT with the a&m cylinder .
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Man View Post
    Daystate Regal,
    Light weight short best customer after sales service ok its unregulated so is the hw 100.
    I dont understand why people say its a fully regulated ? its valve is a self regulated valve. but has no reg.
    Wrong. The HW100 has a conventional regulator using Belleville washers. The same as many other regulated rifles.
    The other common misconception is that the carbine HW100 is heavy. Believe me, if you find this rifle heavy you are too infirm to be walking about on your own. There must be some seriously noodle armed shooters about for this untruth to have profligated. The carbine is lighter, for instance, than an R10 yet none of the pencil necks moan about the weight of that, irrespective of the awful balance.
    Get one in your shoulder and decide mate.

Chris
    Last edited by Seamaster; 26-09-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Just one other thing to say.
    The Daystate Regal looks fantastic and is light and pointable.
    It's also the loudest action on any PCP out there, it WILL be underpowered from new, the build quality is now on a par with Gamo and Daystates aftersales service is, at the very least, hit and miss.
    When Regal owners recommend them, trust me, they are trying to justify their own purchase because put next to almost any other PCP they are crap.
    I've had three. Also two Huntsmans. Honestly, shite.

Chris

I'd suggest a BSA Ultra Synthetic, send to JB for Blueprint and Longer Cylinder, and spend the change on a springer too, but that's my opinion.
    No more expensive pcp will be more accurate than an Ultra ...

Well, after going to see some rifles in person (couple of BSAs, Daystates, AA & HW100s) I've come away with an HW100KT. Lovely pointable little rifle, not very heavy and with the NV on (there's enough length in the rear rail, whereas the 410/510 has *just* enough) the balance point is still far enough back for it to be quite comfortable offhand. Doubt I'll bother changing out the cylinder for a lighter one, although I might have been more inclined to for the full-length.

Many thanks for everyone's advice.
    Peter

Having owned both I would go for the AA410 over the S200 any day as it is almost as light but has a much better trigger, a much more reliable magazine and a more solid receiver which would be better for mounting NV.
    Just to throw the cat amount the pigeons I would suggest the Hatsan Galatian. It has. Pickatiny rail as standard, the magazine sticks out the side so won't get in the way of NV, it has a anti doubling mechanism just like the Hw100, it's accurate and quite well made. The carbine even comes with a shrouded barrel. Only downside is it is a heavy beast.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

My vote goes to the HW100 in whatever configuration works best for you.

However, I have heard from a very reliable source who imports air guns into the US and also speaks Czech, that there is a .177 Cricket rifle (full size rifle, that is) in the works. At 12 fpe you could shoot all day on a fill and the weight should come in the 7 lb range. This one has me intrigued.

Another count for fx I've got a fx royale mate fully scoped with a 600cc bottle it weighs in at 8lb6 mate it's an amazing bit of kit side lever action smooth as anything on the market and fires beautifully by far the best gun I've had and anything fx will be Excellent

Atb Chris

Sea master,
    Just because you don't get on with the Regal please don't have a moan because other people love there's and get on with them.
    They are not all under power from the start mine wasn't.
    As for the loudness most people put a Hugget on them I don't , you can silence the gun but you will never silence the pellet hitting the target.
    I have always had fantastic service from Daystate never hit and miss from my experience.
    With the Hw100 call what ever reg you will but Hull Cartridge dont sell it as a fully regulated rifle if it is why does it not have a 232 fill ? And why is the shot count so small unlike other regulated guns eg. Fx cyclone 180 shots Rapids 200 shots R10 165 shots in .177.
    I understand your not happy after your run of bad luck if would rather a hw100 thats fine id rather a Regal it fits me very well.

Regal Man.
    It's not the blast of air that's louder than other guns, that, as you say, can be silenced. It's the action. That shuttle hitting the valve.
    As for the regulator, you are just wrong mate, sorry.
    As for what you see as moaning, may I suggest that you look up the word 'forum' in a friend's dictionary?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    Regal Man.
    It's not the blast of air that's louder than other guns, that, as you say, can be silenced. It's the action. That shuttle hitting the valve.
    As for the regulator, you are just wrong mate, sorry.
    As for what you see as moaning, may I suggest that you look up the word 'forum' in a friend's dictionary?

Chris
    I have an FAC rated Air Ranger with the Harper slingshot system fitted. Set at 30ftlb it's as quiet as a mouse fart so I don't know what you are on about. The Daystate sales, service and repair support are second to none so you obviously got off on the wrong foot.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk