Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original 45

Original 45

there has been one hung up in the maintenance workshop ever since I started working for the firm I am at ! always thought it belonged to the Electrician ( who used it to shoot feral pigeons off the office roof ) He left last year to go live in france . Working in there last week and I saw it was still there so I had a proper gander at it Its what you would call used condition but has a period scope and silencer , So I asked " has mick left his airgun ?" to be told that it was never his and belongs to the firm Soooo Today I offered one of the directors £70 thinking its probably worth that ! he said " thats my old airgun I bought it new in the 80s how about you give me £50 for it " Picking it up tomorrow

Nice gun.....back in the 80’s when I first got properly into air rifles, the Original 45 was one of the few Guns (from memory) that had a strong reputation for being around the legal limit.

I remember reading (drooling over) many an Airgun World review about them....

Enjoy!

Love it when a plan comes together.

Nice one and I'm sure you are going to give it a fine, loving home.

Enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Result. You have bought a 1980s period scope and suppressor with a free rifle thrown in for good measure.

Sweet, I've got two, they are absolutely awesome. Wish I'd bought one in the 80,s

This rifle is on my list of break barrel rifles I have yet to shoot but really want to. Enjoy it
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    The Diana 45 was the first of the Magnum springers it could reach about 14 ft/lbs, remember this was before the hw80.

Although it is a robust airgun it did have a bit of a easy to bend barrel but has a solid lock up using twin springs behind the ball catch.

I'm not sure why it had the stock pin going through the trigger and the trigger did need some new parts if worn to keep it safe so be aware of this

One part that impressed me is the high quality piston sleeve, I have not seen better

I mucked up the 45 I once had by shorting the barrel to 12 ins, although it solved the barrel bending but it lost a lot of power.

right got it in me mits right now its got a kassnar 3x9 scope on it and an air logic silencer and adaptor ! not really as bad as I first thought TBH
    the date says 08 85 and made in west germany everything works but the stock has a crack in it where the front stock screw screws in dont seem to move though but I will need to sort it out
    so overall its quite nice and seems to be shooting full power ( will chrono it sunday ) anyone any idea of the best pellets ?

Original 45

Thats great bargain you got there , I would start with superdomes & ftt's to try it with.What calibre is it btw?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Thats great bargain you got there , I would start with superdomes & ftt's to try it with.What calibre is it btw?
    .22 I think Everything was in those days even for FT

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    .22 I think Everything was in those days even for FT
    wasn't

I agree that Superdomes and FTT's work very well , although I've found Bisley Practice work at least as good as these in my .22 45's. Crosman Premiers worth a try.
    As far as bent barrel syndrome is concerned, none of my 45s have been thus afflicted.
    Hope you enjoy your time with the 45. Ive always found them hard to beat.

I personally find the build quality on old 45s equal and in some regards above that of current Diana guns. Not everyone would agree there but having been inside a few of them I think the good old 45 has much ton commend it.
    I've shot.mine for a few years now and I've never personally suffered from the bendy barrel issue. Wouldn't like to say it can't happen if a cortina axle spring is shoe horned inside there but that's another story.
    I second the FTTs and Superdomes on pellet choice in either calibre. Can't vouch for .20 though
    Dave

The Kassnar if in good nick £50, the moderator £30, and the mounts?? So you have a free rifle.
    The Original 45 was the rifle that brought about the HW80 and 77 as it was superior in most ways to the HW35E.
    Good may sold, a good many still about. The crack in the stock just fix as best you can, as finding a replacement might be as difficult as finding your first bargain 45. There was a FT carbon/fibreglass stock made for the Original 45. Someone a few years back was selling the last few.

Great rifle to shoot.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Nice gun, nice job !
    Now why can't I drop on a deal like that ?

You'll be doing it with a vintage Telecaster next !
    “An airgun or two”………