Thread: New to reloading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I swapped powder dispensers as the one that came with the kit is infinitely adjustable. Which is nice!

One worry: When I was tipping the unused powder back into the tub I noticed static was making some stick to the plastic hopper. Is this a potential "BOOM!" issue if it earths?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Seems to happen with all the finer powders. I use Lovex D032 (formerly Accurate #2) and it is a very fine ball powder - pours like water. It sticks to anything plastic including the Lee powder funnels and both my Lee perfect powder dispenser hopper and my Hornady powder dispenser hopper and even my RCBS balance pan which is aluminium. The charges are very small so I don't see an ignition risk.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I was going to say looking at the picture of the kit you posted you look to have the leee auto drum which is adjustable up to approx40 grains So you should be able to dispense what you ‘need’.
    Try and get into the habit of only using grains (rather than rotor/ dispenser volume) in reloading that way it minimises any potential errors .
    Keep a log book / journal of all load development.
    You may want to calibrate your powder dispenser with the powder you are using, make a note of volume and resultant weight of powder dispensed over a range of ‘volumes’ (it’s handy to have if you change powder it gives you a good idea of where you are ).

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I swapped powder dispensers as the one that came with the kit is infinitely adjustable. Which is nice!

One worry: When I was tipping the unused powder back into the tub I noticed static was making some stick to the plastic hopper. Is this a potential "BOOM!" issue if it earths?
    Nope not a real worry with nitro powders. Give the plastic a rub with an anti-static sheet of the kind you stick in the tumble drier with your clothes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenor-Tumbl...39110226&psc=1
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Nope not a real worry with nitro powders. Give the plastic a rub with an anti-static sheet of the kind you stick in the tumble drier with your clothes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenor-Tumbl...39110226&psc=1
    or mr sheen