Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th/8th September 2019 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Eh?

Nothing should be breaking, Pete? Unless we're talking long range Trebor Mints!
    Over the past few weeks Tony, a problem with at least one of the rifles has become a frequent occurrence. But happily none lost their zero, loosened a screw or broke a spring. A very enjoyable morning plinking
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    It's the annual family pilgrimage for the Solstice to Surprise View in the Derbyshire Peak District to watch the sun go down.

Catch you laterz, peeps.

BOING!
    How did the sunset go Tone? Did it go down ? . Shit man, the days are gonna get shorter now
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How did the sunset go Tone? Did it go down ? . Shit man, the days are gonna get shorter now
    That's true but think of it as in just over 25 weeks the days will be getting longer again.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Over the past few weeks Tony, a problem with at least one of the rifles has become a frequent occurrence. But happily none lost their zero, loosened a screw or broke a spring. A very enjoyable morning plinking
    Excellent, and just as it should be, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Oh yes, it did, indeed, go down, Pauly.

Before we got there!

We'd decided to go on the A57 towards the Snake Pass and across at the Ladybower Reservoir. A lovely, scenic drive. But about a mile before the Ladybower there had been an accident. Road closed and expected to remain closed for about three hours. We turned back towards Sheffield and, well, every cloud has a silver lining, drove along this steep, up and downy, tight and nadgery little road towards a place called Ringinglow. Lovely, very scenic, very rugged in places, sheep wandering all over the road. Will have to have a ride up there sometime.

We got to the car park at our destination after the sun had gone down. But still had a walk up in the twilight and still enjoyable, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That's true but think of it as in just over 25 weeks the days will be getting longer again.
    Hee hee hee!

And The Sleepometer says

76 to go, peeps.

BOING!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That’s what I like Gary - positivity
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Took the new to me fenman out yesterday for a couple of hours, first time I've had it out in the field. It did rather a good job the local bunnies took a pasting been tinkering about blueing a couple more bits and bobs today too, as well as removing the fenman stock and rubbing it down with wire wool and giving it a nice coat of linseed oil before refitting it and rezeroing the rifle. All in all a very satisfactory weekend. How did the Chinese oddballs go? Any boingerers attended?

I went to the Chinese event .

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Took the new to me fenman out yesterday for a couple of hours, first time I've had it out in the field. It did rather a good job the local bunnies took a pasting been tinkering about blueing a couple more bits and bobs today too, as well as removing the fenman stock and rubbing it down with wire wool and giving it a nice coat of linseed oil before refitting it and rezeroing the rifle. All in all a very satisfactory weekend. How did the Chinese oddballs go? Any boingerers attended?

And for once gave the bucket a good thrashing .
    ( and I mean a real good thrashing )
    Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sounds like a most excellent, varied and rewarding weekend, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    And for once gave the bucket a good thrashing .
    ( and I mean a real good thrashing )
    Jonny
    Nice one, Jonny!

Guessing you had a great time then?

What toys did you take to play with?

Yes it was nice to be at the Hollow

Nice one, Jonny!

Guessing you had a great time then?

What toys did you take to play with?
    Didn't take part in the Chinese shenanigans as all to competitive for me .
    Only took my Hw95 .20 .
    Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    Didn't take part in the Chinese shenanigans as all to competitive for me .
    Only took my Hw95 .20 .
    Jonny
    And you didn't get a telling off young man?

Did you also have a go with Mick's B2?

No telling off.

And you didn't get a telling off young man?

Did you also have a go with Mick's B2?
    And never shot the B2 either.
    Perhaps I should go sit on the naughty step.
    Jonny