Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baikal Makarov Questions Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a Baikal Makarov, all steel bought in around 94. Very well made and never been fired. From what I have seen it is much better than later models and must be Generation 1. Clearly is the converted 9mm.
    Lurchermiss

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchermiss View Post
    I have a Baikal Makarov, all steel bought in around 94. Very well made and never been fired. From what I have seen it is much better than later models and must be Generation 1. Clearly is the converted 9mm.
    Fancy selling it??
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

If it's never been fired that's why you think it's great

I have not said that is great! just well made. It must be worth quite a lot and will go up in value. I do not want to sell it. I have not used airguns since 2004. The only rifle I have now is a Daystate stainless steel Midas, bought in 1988, and like new. Not selling that either
    Lurchermiss

It must be worth quite a lot and will go up in value.
    I don't think it will be much of an investment chap, you might make enough over the original price to buy yourself a nice meal somewhere but you're never going to get rich off it.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Must have been a tad later than 94.
    Prototypes were first made in 1997, a small number that appear to have been made for the USA market in 1998, I imported a 98 from the States. It's still the only one I know of in the UK.
    The mainstream supply are dated 1999 and these are the Gen 1 models and are the most sought after.
    Easy way to tell us by the serial number on the slide, body and normally on the mag base.
    Typically a 1999 would begin T99.... and so on.

Seal diagram?

Dammit, I thought I'd saved it, but I don't have the seal diagram anywhere. I looked all the way through the links in the archived Umarax Boys thread, opened more links, to no avail.

Google-Fu isn't working well either. Anyone have a link or pic of it?

Much ta if you do, I've got the pistol and a Swiss Army Knife sitting here next to a new pack of seals and bigger valve and don't know quite where it all goes.

Any help?

http://makarov.com/co2/instructions.html

try you tube for guns being taken apart too.

atb
    Pete
    Last edited by PALADIN; 12-01-2017 at 02:01 AM.
    ULTIMATE KING RATTY ::.22 SMK QB78DL HYBRID::+QB78 D/L .25 Cal ::850 AIRMAGNUM::PISTOLS- :22 Cal Weihrauch HW80K Tactical::RAM 68 :-)

Another internet myth I'm afraid. Granted they are very well made, they are not however 'converted' from the RS

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Another internet myth I'm afraid. Granted they are very well made, they are not however 'converted' from the RS
    Depends on your definition of converted, it's certainly my belief that the major components of the real steel PMM double stack models were converted for use in the generation 1 CO2 version.... I.e. the slide, the frame, trigger guard & grips - obviously the barrel, valve/magazine assembly and triggers are new parts.
    My gen 1 slide for example still has the extractor claw slot machined in - and it's evident from the milling inside it was a real steel one at one point.
    Is this converted, reworked or adapted?

Later generations I believe then began to use some specifically made parts, but as above I believe the early models were indeed converted.

PS Just noticed on Rusmilitary's website that they write of the gen 4 model they sell : "90% of Baikal's parts are genuine Makarov (PMM) pistol parts" - not sure how accurate that is, but that's what they're claiming.
    Last edited by harvey_s; 01-01-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    That's quite reassuring to know. In that case those Baikal Makarov air pistols must be the most solidly built air pistol of all time? I'll be holding on to my 1999 version for a while yet.

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers
    I am hanging onto my T99 boxed Makerov also

Didn't think they made these until 98? Which are very rare.
    Year it was made are the first two numbers in the serial number found on the slide, frame and mag assuming they all match.

I'm on the lookout for one of these, I almost got one when they first came out in the 90's, but I couldn't justify it at the time, buying online (where I live there are not really any local gun shops, I have to beg a lift from my neighbour for a 40 mile round trip to a decent gun shop) how do I know that I am getting a decent one (earlier = decent), I've looked and they can range in price quite significantly, any pointers greatly received.

Quote Originally Posted by HiveTool View Post
    I'm on the lookout for one of these, I almost got one when they first came out in the 90's, but I couldn't justify it at the time, buying online (where I live there are not really any local gun shops, I have to beg a lift from my neighbour for a 40 mile round trip to a decent gun shop) how do I know that I am getting a decent one (earlier = decent), I've looked and they can range in price quite significantly, any pointers greatly received.

Have read here:http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...forum.php?f=64