Thread: Relum LG 522

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've got a Hungarian LG522, Which I bought from a junk shop about 25 years ago. I've "googled" pictures of a Relum Telly.... but mine has very little resemblence to a "Telly". Were there varied models made?

Quote Originally Posted by lesj View Post
    I've got a Hungarian LG522, Which I bought from a junk shop about 25 years ago. I've "googled" pictures of a Relum Telly.... but mine has very little resemblence to a "Telly". Were there varied models made?
    Just "googled" a bit more....... Seems my gun is an LG522, but with what seems to be an LG24 stock.

Cool

Just "googled" a bit more....... Seems my gun is an LG522, but with what seems to be an LG24 stock.
    Do you have an image of yours??

Some info that I came upon while searching for details and identity of what turns out to be a FEG 877. The only stamp is I.D LP22 and the serial number with the grooved stock.
    I like them, they are solid and functional.
    http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...tml?sort=3&o=3

Relum Jelly LP 25 (or Telly with a German T on the disk that is/was on the stock).
    One of a number of break barrels that were made for Relum by the Hungarian FEG armaments factory.
    They also made a a smaller break barrel, the 822 LP23 0.22” and 877 LP22 .0.177”.
    In the 70s these models were dropped for a new range of guns, the 422 (Taurus), 522 (Rapide) and 527 (Zephyr), the last of which is still in production.

Relum (Muller) also imported guns form other E European countries and relabeled them.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 29-09-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Do you have an image of yours??

Some info that I came upon while searching for details and identity of what turns out to be a FEG 877. The only stamp is I.D LP22 and the serial number with the grooved stock.
    I like them, they solid and functional.
    http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...tml?sort=3&o=3
    The actual gun is exactly like the metal in your photo. It is stamped: LG522 made in Hungary. There is another serial type number: 10(or C)252 The trigger guard is identical. Iron sights are long-gone Im afraid.
    On the photo of the collection of guns, the stock is very similar to the second one down. However, instead of the end of the fore-grip being at right angles to the cocking arm, mine is raked-backward (not forward).
    It is of an unusual woodgrain(stained quite dark). The underneath of the foregrip is very flat. No sign of a "Telly" disc indication.
    Last edited by lesj; 28-09-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: addition

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The actual gun is exactly like the metal in your photo. It is stamped: LG522 made in Hungary. There is another serial type number: 10(or C)252 The trigger guard is identical. Iron sights are long-gone Im afraid.
    On the photo of the collection of guns, the stock is very similar to the second one down. However, instead of the end of the fore-grip being at right angles to the cocking arm, mine is raked-backward (not forward).
    It is of an unusual woodgrain(stained quite dark). The underneath of the foregrip is very flat. No sign of a "Telly" disc indication.
    With the stock as you describe it, it sounds like you may have a Relum Taurus, which was one of the later ones.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    With the stock as you describe it, it sounds like you may have a Relum Taurus, which was one of the later ones.
    Googled a tadge more. Relum Taurus is what it is!

Gonna have to stop all this googling! Found a site referring to relum Taurus spare parts.
    States the gun could also be known as a Relum Zephyr: eg..... LG 527/522 Taurus/Zephyr

Hi Les

I've just had a google and found this, I think it's part of I.J.'s collection.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1.../FEG/FEG12.jpg

God knows what Relum I have.

I'll have another look in the morning, I may even put a photo of it on here for a laugh.

All the best Mick

Rapide

Hi mate your gun is the same as mine it's called a "Rapide" hope you still have it? regards Mick G
    mickmick
    fas est ab hoste doceri

Hungarian

Yes mine says Hungarian on it too, regards Mick
    mickmick
    fas est ab hoste doceri