Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC Taipan 4-16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now everyone go out and kill your vipers and get a new scope as a replacement.. top man is our gary.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiej35 View Post
    Now everyone go out and kill your vipers and get a new scope as a replacement.. top man is our gary.

Top man but not stoopid me old son

Bullbarrel brought one along to the range today, 6-24 flavour, and I must say I was mighty impressed. I'm not usually a fan of big, high mag scopes with IR's but the reticle and optics looked good and clear, even on full mag in the 25yd indoor.

I shall be ordering one to straddle my .223 me thinks.

I'd also like a fixed 10x (Viper maybe) on my HW100, is there an AMD option on that as well, or is it just the christmas tree variant?

Thumbs up

Good review of the Taipan.Will be looking at one shortly to go on my HMR.Will have to travel to Northallerton tho to get my mitts on one...that's the "local" stockist to me

Just a quick question if I may, are these scopes first or second focal plane?

Thanks

Chris

Looked through the Taipan this weekend. MTC glass which is ok for the money paid. Obviously there are better scopes around but often involve more of a price tag.

But in all honesty not a fan at all. The sun shade is flippin awful! Adds weight for what can only be described as a gimick and likely to become a real pain as the scope ages. The ret is altogether far too busy for my eye.

Personally when it comes to the Taipan I'd spend my money elsewhere

and I do own MTC scopes btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Macone View Post
    Looked through the Taipan this weekend. MTC glass which is ok for the money paid. Obviously there are better scopes around but often involve more of a price tag.

But in all honesty not a fan at all. The sun shade is flippin awful! Adds weight for what can only be described as a gimick and likely to become a real pain as the scope ages. The ret is altogether far too busy for my eye.

Personally when it comes to the Taipan I'd spend my money elsewhere

and I do own MTC scopes btw.
    Sorry you don't like the sunshade bro - I understand your POV. Some will, some won't. Which ret did you see? it's available in SCB and AMD

Quote Originally Posted by chrispti View Post
    Just a quick question if I may, are these scopes first or second focal plane?

Thanks

Chris
    Does nobody know

2ND unless I am mistaken

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Top man but not stoopid me old son
    Ah ####...just driven over my Viper....bugger!!!

Looking forward to tryingteh AMD out.

The really nice thing is I am not keen on Mill dots as I use all .177, so all of my scopes no bar 2 have SRB on them.

There being no numeric difference between the AMD and SCB there will be no problem hopping between the 2.

I will of course wait for the rest of you to do the testing before I buy a taipan...need a bloody good excuse too having just bought 3 mambas, and anpther MTC scope in the mix
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

After blowing my budget on a new .308 I need to find an interm scope and was thinking of the MTC Taipan 6-24 with the AMD reticle. anyone here use it on a .308 any info would be great.

Thanks,

Fish
    Aim small - miss small

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by fish slapped View Post
    After blowing my budget on a new .308 I need to find an interm scope and was thinking of the MTC Taipan 6-24 with the AMD reticle. anyone here use it on a .308 any info would be great.

Thanks,

Fish
    Nope, never used one on a .308...never used a .308...a 7.62 however

Joking aside Bud, MTC have tested and rated them on .50 BMG, but that said if they will cope with my TX200 they will be fine on .308

I want a taipan now....pooh

I know, I can eat the Viper...diminished responsibility...
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Neither of us used it on a .308, just a rimmie outdoors, but here are a couple of links that may be useful:

http://www.riflesunlimited.co.uk/showarticle.php?id=26

http://www.riflesunlimited.co.uk/showarticle.php?id=27
    Born To Be Mild.

Using on .308

Yes I have one on my .308 Remington. Both brand new. Had two outing with it so far and yes VERY good! In fact the scope beats the hell out of the spotting scope that someone took to the range!!

I went for the 6-24x56 with the SCB reticule.

Thinking of getting another one for my .243!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish slapped View Post

Thanks,

Fish

Caterham ,Surrey, Even the "Stig" has been there!!

Taipan

Had a look , on a .22Lr . I must have another look again at the reticule again
    me being a specky bloke looking through someone elses set up, thought it was a bit to fine . I did like the chunky turrets.
    BSA Ultra .177 M/Shot / Daystate Mk4 .177
    course I am over 18 , if I was 18 again I would rejoin !!
    "What are you expecting The band of the Grenadier Guards!" - ZULU