Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    paddy11 Guest

WTC 1.5 5 20

thinking about one of these for ratting but heard a couple of people havin trouble with the barrel or silencer getting in the way of the sight pic with them been so short .have eney of you had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy11 View Post
    thinking about one of these for ratting but heard a couple of people havin trouble with the barrel or silencer getting in the way of the sight pic with them been so short .have eney of you had this problem.
    I can see the foresight/barrel of my HW77 when the scopes on minimum mag. It was distracting at first but I got used to it very quickly - I actually like it now as bu making sure the foresight is in line with the vertical crosshair I can be sure I am looking down the centre of the scope and avoid parallax error. After doing this for a while I found that I started mounting the rifle much more consistantly (still a cr@p shot though).

ATB,
    Craig

Brilliant little scope with bright crisp optics. Love the way it looks on my ultra, cant beat this combo a real nice compact hunting setup

I use mine for rats, squidges and woodies because most of that type of shooting for me is pretty close range and a higher mag would be pointless. With the whitetail's wide field of view it makes target aquisition a hell of alot easier too.

I do however swap scopes when Im after rabbits, prefering higher mag and mildots for those long range headshots but saying that, if a bunny hopped into my sights at around 30 yds or less I would have no hesitation planting a lead present in its bonce while using the whitetail

Real shame simmons have stopped making em now... gits. Its a sweet compact cracking little scope, well worth the money imo.
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

forgot to add: I can also see my silencer when the scope is set to lower mag. Anything below x3 and my ret looks like the view from a first person shooter
    It doesnt interfere at all with your overall view.... I quite like it lol
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

It is a great little scope and to be honest I'll probably regret selling mine.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

I have one mounted on my .444marilin and use it with full power home loads and it just keeps working.
    Great scope for the money.
    Bob.