Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonna

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Mine looks identical to yours John. It has "BONNA 51" stamped on it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HKVS3ic

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    reviving an old thread as I'm thinking of selling it.. any ideas of value please chaps ?

I'm planning on taking a table at Kempton and having a big clearout of most of my guns that are just "collected", but not shot. My enforced time away from them all whilst abroad has made me realise that I wont be spending many more years in this country, and there is no logic even thinking of taking them with me.

Best regards,
    JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    reviving an old thread as I'm thinking of selling it.. any ideas of value please chaps ?

I'm planning on taking a table at Kempton and having a big clearout of most of my guns that are just "collected", but not shot. My enforced time away from them all whilst abroad has made me realise that I wont be spending many more years in this country, and there is no logic even thinking of taking them with me.

Best regards,
    JB
    Sorry to hear that Jon.

I think they are quite scarce..There’s been one on egun for about three years at €750 but it’s never sold.
    There is a defective one on there now for a ‘buy it now’ of €250 but it has parts missing.
    A nice one sold on catawiki for €750 but that’s a worldwide site that gets high prices. (Sometimes twice what we seem to pay in the U.K.)

I’m sure someone else will have a better idea of the going rate here.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Sorry to hear that Jon.
    Nothing to be sorry about mate - I want to pi55 off over to Zambia trust me, if you saw the lifestyles over there, and my house, and our small farm, and our bigger farm, and the fishing lake we're digging, and the house we're building.... well, you get the idea... there's not much time to shoot !

Interesting on the other info, but that's a pretty huge range - somewhere between £250 from a broken one and £750 for nice At least mine is working...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Sorry to hear you may be moving, JB. I completely get the rationale. Mrs G and I are also seriously thinking of ditching the small flat in London (totally unexpected baby on the way 😀!) and relocating to my not really but sort of other ancestral homeland out in the West Country.

Which has also led me to start thinking about a Binners Fair table to off load stuff. Not the really nice stuff, but all the other stuff that had accumulated. Better then just dumping it all with Nick Holt and watching him fund a new BMW with it?

Can’t help you on valuation beyond my gut instinct that any post-war trainer type is (sadly) worth less on the general market than one that might have been used by Hitler and his associated Utter Scumbags. Maybe £400, given rarity (but noting condition and missing bits)?

Hi Geezer, a baby heh, that's a shock to the system

I'm thinking around the £400 mark too...

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Hi Geezer, a baby heh, that's a shock to the system

I'm thinking around the £400 mark too...
    Not quite what you expect when you are 52! Still, it’s brilliant. Just as the 17 year old son is planning uni, a baby girl is on the imminent horizon. I love being a parent, and am overjoyed to be having a second go at it. Maybe I can get her interested in shooting, unlike the son.

But I do need to work out how much of the guns and gun bits and the pointy sharp things and books about war (etc etc) might best be flogged off, and how much might be kept. My earlier-planned early retirement is definitely on hold!