Thread: Hawke "Panorama- EV" 4-12x40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let us all know what you think Mick.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Let us all know what you think Mick.

Ive been out once since getting my rapid back and first impressions are very good. The Panorama replaced a 3.5-10x40 Simmons wtc and the Hawke seems a very good replacement. I love the half mil dot ret! Ive had a little practice using this ret in conjunction with my laser rangefinder and know what holdover i need up to 70yds and shot some magpies a couple of days ago. I now lase whatever im shooting at to get an accurate distance to target and use the necessary holdover using the mildots rather than dialling in its so easy...
    The optics are very bright and have an excellent field of view and although early days still im loving the little hawke. Im about to take the rapid out to a new shoot which is only a few miles from the house and is teaming with rabbits and expect the hawke to perform well as light goes.
    Mick
    In starting and waging a war it is not right that matters, but victory. -Adolf Hitler

Good review/write mate.

Ive been looking at one of these or the varmint SF.

Ive had the SW30 and the optics where very crisp, just wondering.. if i go for the AO version of the panorama what choice of rets does it come with? which one will suit .20 cal?
    chief

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
    Good review/write mate.

Ive been looking at one of these or the varmint SF.

Ive had the SW30 and the optics where very crisp, just wondering.. if i go for the AO version of the panorama what choice of rets does it come with? which one will suit .20 cal?
    chief
    i think with the ao version you only get the map 6 ret.

i tried the varmint sf and was un-impressed,took it back and got the panorama,unfortunately my first one was faulty! replacement is fantastic! the map 6 ret is very fine though.
    regards
    john

Read all the posts for this scope and went to Blackpool air gun shop today to check it out. Very helpful with advice. Really liked the optics and although the ret is quite thin when I used the illumination it showed up really well. Ended up getting one and now looking forward to getting it sighted at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by dude541 View Post
    i think with the ao version you only get the map 6 ret.

i tried the varmint sf and was un-impressed,took it back and got the panorama,unfortunately my first one was faulty! replacement is fantastic! the map 6 ret is very fine though.
    regards
    john
    I believe that you can now buy the panorama AO model with half mildot ret which should sell a few more to the HFT 'ers

I have the TAC 30 fixed 10x sidewinder which I really like and is very clear and bright with good colours too, but has BIG target turrets! Has anyone compared the fixed 10x sidewinder to the Panorama?
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    I believe that you can now buy the panorama AO model with half mildot ret which should sell a few more to the HFT 'ers

I have the TAC 30 fixed 10x sidewinder which I really like and is very clear and bright with good colours too, but has BIG target turrets! Has anyone compared the fixed 10x sidewinder to the Panorama?
    will be testing mine against the fixed 10 tac this sunday dean so far on first impressions I am impressed the ret is great, just need to reparalax to hft range to compare it to the tac.
    WHERE EVER DUTY AND GLORY LEAD.

STEYR 110 HP HAWKE TAC 30.