Quote Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Hi,

Glad I managed to explain a bit.
Servos arnt just like motors/lights/whatever that you can simply apply power to to make them move, they need a series of signals - this is done by a controller of some sort. In the case of a radio control system, the reciever does all the technical bits so when the operator moves the control part, the reciever picks up the signal and moves the servo accordingly. The way Mark and I (and the other guy on the previous reply) did it was to program the servo movement ourselves so we could have more control. a 4 channel will indeed only control 4 servos. There are radio systems with many more than 4 but then of course the price goes up. I dont have one of the targets you have, I only have one like this top one that I got to see how they actually worked. It may be that there is an easier way to reset your one? Someone else may have one and be able to suggest something. If you could imagine a lever or motor being able to move the target up and down and work a way for it to do that then the rest is fairly simple as it is just a matter of making a servo move. I can video the way my prototype goes up and down if that would be any help.
What do you mean by program? Also, I don't understand what you mean by 'to program the servo movement ourselves so we could have more control'.

Sorry for all these questions! You are probably getting annoyed by now!

I really appreciate it though