Thread: Sharp Innova

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    I have owned a. 177 Innova for many years, more accurate than its owner.
    The used .22 I bought a couple of years ago came with a silencer and it grouped like a blunderbuss - a 12 inch circle at less than 10 yards and none anywhere near the bull at all.
    Removing the silencer immediately returned it to the usual Sharp accuracy.
    The silencer was given away and I don't recall the manufacturer.
    Personally, I don't find the muzzle report excessive.
    Would love to get hold of a .22 Ace.
    Was the front end an metal block with sloping straight sides ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Was the front end an metal block with sloping straight sides ?
    From vague memory it was a matt black cylinder, maybe 4 inches long.

I bought the rifle with no sights at all and it fired beautifully.
    Got it home, fitted a scope and tried it out properly - it still shot well but the accuracy was seriously lacking, no grouping at all.
    My .177 with iron sights was fine so not just me!
    Frustrated I unscrewed the silencer and instant accuracy.
    The muzzle report doesn't bother me.
    Gave the silencer away to a guy looking for one, the screwcut mounting is still on the gun with no issues except ugliness.

My 1st real post (after introduction) so please be patient and go easy on me! I have an Innova in .177 that's marked as per a mk1 but the stock has a sloping forend and there are a number of fine parallel score lines (for grip) in it. What have I got I wonder? A reworked or non standard forend or unusual model? Many questions to come including the well worn plea for a screw adapter for moderator.....thanks

Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Another stunning Innova, I wish I didn't sell mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by louisvanhovell View Post
    Just completed this Innova rebuild: a very kind member on here, ken69, sent me an original yellow sticker for inside the pump handle ("LUBRICATION: feed motoroil only to three pins").
    I put a scope enhancer on this little eighties Nikko Stirling scope. It does help. And it looks a bit like the Innova in the advert below.

Cheers, Louis

Great thread.

Two things that made the Innova so well received were price, and they were light weight. A BSA Mercury or Webley Vulcan MK1 were the closest in price and weight. Half the price of a HW35E or FWB Sport.

Whisper fitted they were very quiet.
    Plinking then pumping lost its appeal. Heck, even a zeroing session was enough. I never got confident just what power I had pumped in, though accuracy at farmyard ranges seemed very good. The lightness had its positives and negatives. So light hard to hold steady, but at least young people could hold it in the aim unsupported.
    Trigger was fine and better than the tough Webleys.
    Maintenance was quite involved and many were messed up from tinkering.

All that pumping didn't work for me, but I can see how someone could be a Jap sniper with one.
    PCP's do it all now.

Welcome Topwater it's nice to have another MSP fan. I don't see as many .177 Innovas around.
    It sounds like someone may have modified the pump handle to make it look less like a block of wood. The metal frint pivot/silencer adaptors don't come up for sale often. Im sure if enough of us wanted them we could have some made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater View Post
    My 1st real post (after introduction) so please be patient and go easy on me! I have an Innova in .177 that's marked as per a mk1 but the stock has a sloping forend and there are a number of fine parallel score lines (for grip) in it. What have I got I wonder? A reworked or non standard forend or unusual model? Many questions to come including the well worn plea for a screw adapter for moderator.....thanks