Thread: Super 10 or HW100 for long range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The HW100 is performing very good on long distance shooting.
    Over here in NL we have a competion for 100m airgun.
    Last time the HW100 has won, however I have to mention it was not using the standard HW barrel, but a BSA barrel.
    www.100mairgun.nl
    Myself I shoot with a quite modified HW100, polygon barrel (floating) and even a heated regulator (picture 2).
    regards,
    Rob

Have you shoot it with the factory barrel and you find it not accurate and you change her ?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    The HW100 is performing very good on long distance shooting.
    Over here in NL we have a competion for 100m airgun.
    Last time the HW100 has won, however I have to mention it was not using the standard HW barrel, but a BSA barrel.
    www.100mairgun.nl
    Myself I shoot with a quite modified HW100, polygon barrel (floating) and even a heated regulator (picture 2).
    regards,
    Rob
    100m indoor! Wow! Lucky!

What's with the heated regulator though?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    100m indoor! Wow! Lucky!

What's with the heated regulator though?
    The regulator is heated because the 100m shoots are in- / outdoors where there is no heating, so very cold in jan/feb/mar.
    The HW100 regulator performs very bad under 10 deg C, so that is why I built in a heating element, powered by an external battery to tackle that issue. It works very well, clearly better groups under 10 degr C.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    The regulator is heated because the 100m shoots are in- / outdoors where there is no heating, so very cold in jan/feb/mar.
    The HW100 regulator performs very bad under 10 deg C, so that is why I built in a heating element, powered by an external battery to tackle that issue. It works very well, clearly better groups under 10 degr C.
    Ah! Makes sense. Thought it was some mysterious secret accuracy tip

Wouldn't know what sub-10 feels like, not here
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Ah! Makes sense. Thought it was some mysterious secret accuracy tip

Wouldn't know what sub-10 feels like, not here
    Sometimes you just want to (or almost must) share knowledge, as it looks odd as someones plugs in a connector attached to a battery in a HW100... people start asking questions about it. First I said it was for an electronic trigger, but you know, these days people don't believe you right away
    Just for the record, there is just enough spare room right under the pressure regulator in the stock for a copper heating element, you only need a tine hole to the outside for a small power jack. And yes it works, far better consistency of velocity at lower temperatures ( <10 C).