Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    That’s a damned good list there - 34 so far. Do you keep a tally of previous attendee numbers (including those that turn up) Mick ? Just wondering what the ‘record’ is ? If you don’t.... get to it, you ain’t doing anything else
    I had hoped to have had time on my hands after finishing a work contract on the 7th --- Unfortunately I was given a repeat order on the 8th for an April 7th delivery.
    So I'm currently working my nuts off trying to get this work out the way so that I can sort Quigley Hollow out.
    Fortunately I can't do any work on Quigley Hollow until the wind dies down and the field dries up a little.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I had hoped to have had time on my hands after finishing a work contract on the 7th --- Unfortunately I was given a repeat order on the 8th for an April 7th delivery.
    So I'm currently working my nuts off trying to get this work out the way so that I can sort Quigley Hollow out.
    Fortunately I can't do any work on Quigley Hollow until the wind dies down and the field dries up a little.
    Well that’s good that you’re working Mick (I think ?), feeling better or just having to get on with it ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well that’s good that you’re working Mick (I think ?), feeling better or just having to get on with it ?
    As The Little Man says, Mick, and I hope your condition has improved a little?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    From bitter experience Mike if the whiplash gets very painful go to someone who can do acupuncture. The only thing that would help mine
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    From bitter experience Mike if the whiplash gets very painful go to someone who can do acupuncture. The only thing that would help mine
    My experience also, Pete.

After lots of visits to the GP and NHS physio I was getting nowhere. Then, about a year and a half after my last smash, through the NHS, I was referred to a pain management team. These visits took place at my local hospital. Initially they just covered relaxation techniques. But then I had six visits with an Accupuncture chap. I was really sceptical and my expectations were very low.

At the first visit, we had a bit of a chat and he explained that he did the traditional type of therapy. No bullshit or over-inflated promises and explained that it would only work if my body wanted to heal itself. Now, before I walked in the room, my neck, shoulders and arms killed. After this first visit I felt like I was floating on air! NO PAIN WHATSOEVER! By the next visit, there was a little pain, maybe 10% of the original? From visits four onwards I had no pain at all, even in between visits. Sorted! I remained totally pain free for about 9 months after the treatment finished.

Gradually the pain returned after that point. I went back to the GP and asked for more accupuncture. This they booked for me, but at the hospital and done by nurses. And it was the "Westernised" version, where they actually stick the needles in the affected area, unlike the traditional Chinese version. It had bugger all effect whatsoever and even the nurses conceded that it is nowhere near as powerful as the Chinese version.

Since then, I've got worse and worse. I'd love to be able to see that first chappy. He does practice privately from Nottingham, but I think it's about £50 a go and a 60 miles round trip. I can't afford this at the moment, otherwise I'd be certainly visiting him again.

When you talk to different people, it becomes quite apparent that different treatments seem to suit different people and that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the next person.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    cheers Pete,

I think Rachel may possibly need further treatment. I got away pretty lightly in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    cheers Pete,

I think Rachel may possibly need further treatment. I got away pretty lightly in comparison.
    I think they'll normally advise to just rest and take painkillers in the short term whilst the tissue repairs itself a little and the soreness subsides and then consider remedial treatments.

feeling better or just having to get on with it ?
    Neither, Paul.

With this illness my brain is fully occupied all the time keeping me upright, so if I do any work I have to think about I overload my brain, get a Migraine and have to lie down.

Fortunately the job of making hydraulic Jack legs for boats, which I'm doing now, is very dull and boring and having now made 60 I can make them without thinking --- so it's good physiotherapy and I get keep my customer happy.

How are Dave's "girls" enjoying the snow, Mick?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Thought you were at work today Tone, then I remembered its Sunday !
    Plinking down the hallway ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Thought you were at work today Tone, then I remembered its Sunday !
    Plinking down the hallway ?
    Haha!

Yes, indeedy, well remembered; Sundays off now, John!

Hoping to get a hallway opportunity in later if all goes well.

And it's MotoGP time laterz, too!

Have you managed to get down to Idleback again recently?

When you next go, you'll have to drop in for a coffee, as my new place is only about half a mile away!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha!

Yes, indeedy, well remembered; Sundays off now, John!

Hoping to get a hallway opportunity in later if all goes well.

And it's MotoGP time laterz, too!

Have you managed to get down to Idleback again recently?

When you next go, you'll have to drop in for a coffee, as my new place is only about half a mile away!
    Last there two weeks ago, first time this year. I was set to visit one day last week but something cropped up.
    I'll fit a session this coming week for sure as I want to run in my "blinged-up" HW 50/Wee Simmo combo and a Fenman thats proving a little temperamental !

I'll do the "coffee pop-in" also sometime, thanks !
    “An airgun or two”………

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Neither, Paul.

With this illness my brain is fully occupied all the time keeping me upright, so if I do any work I have to think about I overload my brain, get a Migraine and have to lie down.

Fortunately the job of making hydraulic Jack legs for boats, which I'm doing now, is very dull and boring and having now made 60 I can make them without thinking --- so it's good physiotherapy and I get keep my customer happy.
    Well it’s good you can keep busy whilst not overloading the brain mate. Always makes me smile when you talk about boats with legs
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well it’s good you can keep busy whilst not overloading the brain mate. Always makes me smile when you talk about boats with legs
    Few girls like that over Plymouth way Paul.
    Best thing to do when they get like that is scuttle them.

Here you go, Paul :-

https://www.therothengroup.co.uk/wor...digger-pontoon

The square tubes you see sticking up in each corner of the boat are the Jack legs I make.