Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Hornet heads

.22 Hornet heads

Could anyone tell me where I can purchase non expanding 35g bullet heads for the .22 Hornet by post. I have tried a couple of suppliers and no luck. I want to try reloading but my licence is with the boys in blue and my rfd wants to put them on my ticket ?.
    The more I practice the luckier I get

Quote Originally Posted by roughcoat View Post
    Could anyone tell me where I can purchase non expanding 35g bullet heads for the .22 Hornet by post. I have tried a couple of suppliers and no luck. I want to try reloading but my licence is with the boys in blue and my rfd wants to put them on my ticket ?.
    Only target bullets (missiles) can be purchased on-line without production of your FAC, even face to face, the seller should check you have authority & enter the transfer on your ticket. There may be those that don't, as there may be the odd one that may pop them in the post?? Not a recommended course of action wanting to retain their certificates, so you will have to wait until your FAC's returned.

hornet

Thanks for that there's a few who will post, but the ones that do that I've tried don't support the Hornet. I have already ordered vmax 35g with the rfd, but no licence so can't pick them up.

You're lucky they are even there to pick up, mine have been on order for weeks !

Quote Originally Posted by Eligus View Post
    You're lucky they are even there to pick up, mine have been on order for weeks !
    I had a back order of 1000 .204 32grain Noslers on order September last year, the RFD phoned a couple of months back to offer a refund as there were no signs of them coming anytime soon

Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Eligus View Post
    I have noticed on the other threads about a shortage. I hope he doesn't sell mine to somebody else while I'm waiting.

I think you'll struggle to find a .224 target bullet much under 50 grains I'm afraid, my layman manual gives data for bullets up to. 55 gr though for the hornet so if you just wanted to give loading a go you could go for something heavier than the 35 maybe 52gr Amax........ If you an find them!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by roughcoat View Post
    I have noticed on the other threads about a shortage. I hope he doesn't sell mine to somebody else while I'm waiting.
    Well if you pay for them then they're yours, even if he still holds them

Ref your OP do they even make non expanding Hornet bullets ?? I've certainly never seen them listed

hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I think you'll struggle to find a .224 target bullet much under 50 grains I'm afraid, my layman manual gives data for bullets up to. 55 gr though for the hornet so if you just wanted to give loading a go you could go for something heavier than the 35 maybe 52gr Amax........ If you an find them!
    Thanks for the reply I thought all .22 would fit that were less than 55g, I spoke to Krank's and they said they weren't suitable for the hornet. So I put this thread up for info from people on here.

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products...lets-1335.aspx

I seem to remember Roding armoury having these in their gunmart ad.
    Last edited by mr smith; 20-11-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well if you pay for them then they're yours, even if he still holds them

Ref your OP do they even make non expanding Hornet bullets ?? I've certainly never seen them listed
    I did offer to pay for them as he's holding a Rapid on fac for me, but he said we'll sort it when you pick the rifle up and thats why my licence is in for a variation. When I rang the firearms department they said two weeks so I put it in. It's now going into the sixth week.

I have a book called "The complete reloading manual for the .22 Hornet" (one book one calibre ) in the back it shows bullet heads with a Coyote, Prairie dog and Target by the side,they are Barnes 40g I automatically thought they were non expanding it also shows a solid Lyman head 41g on page 36. Being new to reloading I thought you could get these over here.

Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
    http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products...lets-1335.aspx

I seem to remember Roding armoury having these in their gunmart ad.
    I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say thanks.

Order them from the US.

Nosler Varagedon 40Gr ballistic tip, flat base (don't worry about boat tail bullets for hornet):
    40gr FBH (250)
    1.5 lb
    $45.25
    http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Cat...Varmagedon.htm

or:
    Sierra 40gr hollow point:
    40gr HP
    1 lb
    $19.85
    http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Sierra_22.htm

You have an FAC, and you have authority for expanding missles, the fact that your ticket is with the police for admin doesn't stop you going out shooting, holding or using all your firearms and equipment, though it does prevent producing it to buy things in this country.

It doesn't mean you don't have authority to posess ammo/expanding bullets, and you can legally buy them and have them delivered to your house from the US through the post.

Whether they get here faster than your firearms dept can sort your ticket is another matter!
    Last edited by strebblo; 21-11-2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: forgot a URL
    Life is short, remember - Carpae Dentum ...

Forgot to say, beofre anyone starts jumping up and down - if there's any question about his authority to posess, or the usual stupid hypothectial scenario that the armed police would turn up with the postman etc. etc. they could quite easily speak to the licensing dept...
    Life is short, remember - Carpae Dentum ...

Looks to me that cliffs is out of stock of almost everything everything seems highlighted yellow and that appears to mean out of stock unless I'm misreading the page.