Thread: Do Crosman make the Benjamin pump up rifle now?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Crosman enthusiasts really turn out works of art and every credit to them, it is certainly on my bucket list to fiddle with one (or more). I can't help but think though that they are a "nearly" gun... as standard they are never there with the quality. It would be interesting to see how popular a 760 etc would be if they released a deluxe model that was not all monkey metal and straw barrels? The concept of the guns are ingenious but sadly they are built to a price.

I would very much like to see a 2200 with a real barrel as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    The Crosman enthusiasts really turn out works of art and every credit to them, it is certainly on my bucket list to fiddle with one (or more). I can't help but think though that they are a "nearly" gun... as standard they are never there with the quality. It would be interesting to see how popular a 760 etc would be if they released a deluxe model that was not all monkey metal and straw barrels? The concept of the guns are ingenious but sadly they are built to a price.

This is very true of much of the American Airgun landscape, “built to a price” that would sell here. We here never allowed the Airgun makers to make the best products they could cause we would not pay for them. Though almost impossible for you overseas to collect, some of their early guns were made much better. I was shooting my 1949 Town & Country 108 this week. Massive, all brass, made for a very short time after the war until they found out no one here would pay for such quality airguns.

Posted after I made this comment, the 140 is early to enough to see a better Crosman product.
    Last edited by 45flint; 23-05-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post

Yep, and I must admit, the silhouette is lovely and they're a really handy size.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!