Thread: My new verminator is rusty!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smartwave View Post
    I am jealous. Looks like I am badly treated by my gun shop as they give me no courtesy gun...
    sorry mate, I'm lucky that the local(ish) gun shop is a good one. Let's hope FX deliver on time!
    Theoben Rapid Mk2 .20 - Air Arms TX200 HC .177
    FX Verminator .177 - Theoben Evolution .177

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    sorry mate, I'm lucky that the local(ish) gun shop is a good one. Let's hope FX deliver on time!
    Called Deben this morning and was told that they got 1 or 2 vermi a few days back. I hope it's not the one I sent back they are talking about! !

There will be a new batch coming in two weeks time, I was told. But to be frank I don't trust the Deben Lady.

'Deben' have been around longer than you have 'smartwave' -

Be careful with your insinuations, they can end-up biting your arse

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    'Deben' have been around longer than you have 'smartwave' -

Be careful with your insinuations, they can end-up biting your arse
    Being around longer doesn't mean anything, does it?

Hi Smartwave, ask for Liam at Deben he will give you straight answers and is very helpfull.Rgds Gerald.

Quote Originally Posted by GERALD BUTLER View Post
    Hi Smartwave, ask for Liam at Deben he will give you straight answers and is very helpfull.Rgds Gerald.

Yes I 100% agree.....Liam is one of the most helpful guys in the airgun buisness I know

Quote Originally Posted by GERALD BUTLER View Post
    I'll second that, Liam is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Well I nearly have a unmarked verminator...
    Westons did indeed deliver a replacement as promised, no rust this time but a nasty chip on the verminator name plate (next to fixing bolt).

Rather than involve westons again I rang Deben. Liam is a very nice chap, he agreed to send a new plate. Sadly UPS must have had a slack day in the depot and decided to play football with my parcel because it was far from flat. Emailed Liam and he's sending another tomorrow, Fingers crossed it's flat!

James

Deben are anything but dishonest. Any big company may attract gripes but I've never heard anything negative about Deben in this respect, and if there were I'd jave heard it..

i can say, i have had excellent service from Deben always helpful. most orders del next day , and good products, i would use them again &again.
    atb brian

I've seen this happen; gun dealer has a rack of guns, people come in and handle them, touching the blueing, gun goes back in the rack without being wiped over. Acidic sweat from being handled ruins the blueing. Have to keep yer wits about you these days, always. Regards .... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Yes, that was my thinking 'gungeek', I know CH Westons carry quite a lot of FX stock (usually) this one may have been handled by some herbert (who'd just thrown his fish'n'chip wrapper down in the street) then gone back on the rack without receiving a wipe down...some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Yes, that was my thinking 'gungeek', I know CH Westons carry quite a lot of FX stock (usually) this one may have been handled by some herbert (who'd just thrown his fish'n'chip wrapper down in the street) then gone back on the rack without receiving a wipe down...some time ago.
    That's what i thought at first, but it wasn't on display and some of the rusty spots are between the barrel and front air cylinder. Not somewhere you could easily leave a finger print.

They seem to be a popular gun at the mo, so if it didn't happen in the shop (not there long enough). I can only assume it left the factory like it??.

Glad I've read positive comments about Deben, Looks like the only weak link may be FX?