Thread: Match pistol for beginner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There's only 1 GOOD way to choose a targetpistol; try/feel and choose.
    A matchweapon must fit you, weight and balancewise etc
    I can tell you I dont like the FWB65 at all, balance and weightwise, but maybe its perfect for you

If you can afford it, ánd it suit you, I'd buy as recent as possible. That is, I prefer ssp above recoilspring for the way it shoots
    ATB,
    yana

Hello,
    All the pistols mentioned are fine except giss system.These are getting old now now and this mechanically complex system is prone to wear and breaking gear parts.The FWB model 80 is a newer version of the 65 and has a nicer trigger action.I use one myself and would not sell or swap.There's no filling up,no leaking seals or running out of anything (except pellets!);you just take it out and shoot it. In the right hands it's as accurate as anything else and they're still affordable.
    ATB Owen

You may even consider the Air Arms Project 10m pistol

I have an fwb80 and i get on with it really well. I would never part with it as its the best and most accurate spring pistol i have ever owned.

As said if co2 is ok with you then might i suggest a tau 7 or a brno aeron.

Before you spend money, try every target pistol you can and let the pistol do the chosing by how well you shoot with it.

However if you chose wrong, you can usually sell a quality target pistol on with no loss to your pocket.

Good luck with your search!

Regarding the FWB65, I will say I am absolutely devoted to it, I am sure it is more accurate than 99% of shooters, but unlike some pistols it will punish poor technique. It seems that with mine I can "feel" the shot; if I do my bit, I can feel that it's going to hit the centre, but if I don't do my bit then it's not just a miss but a big miss. I wouldn't swap mine for anything though.

If you don't mind CO2, look at the TAU7.

Matt

what target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I have an fwb80 and i get on with it really well. I would never part with it as its the best and most accurate spring pistol i have ever owned.

As said if co2 is ok with you then might i suggest a tau 7 or a brno aeron.

Before you spend money, try every target pistol you can and let the pistol do the chosing by how well you shoot with it.

However if you chose wrong, you can usually sell a quality target pistol on with no loss to your pocket.

Good luck with your search!
    hi , I would strongly recommend a aeron chameleon, co2 powered getting around 70 good shots, I have one its brilliant, Robert cleverly of lancs (checkmate guns)
    regards and good luck. tdgunner

what target pistol

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    There's only 1 GOOD way to choose a targetpistol; try/feel and choose.
    A matchweapon must fit you, weight and balancewise etc
    I can tell you I dont like the FWB65 at all, balance and weightwise, but maybe its perfect for you

If you can afford it, ánd it suit you, I'd buy as recent as possible. That is, I prefer ssp above recoilspring for the way it shoots
    I have a aeron chameleon I personally would think they are up there with the best, checkmate guns would be one place to try. tdgunner