Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The amazing rotating sighting system of the Diana 50b rifle

A slightly different rotating notch rear sight plate is common to many higher end Diana's. Right through to the late 80's at least. Pull and turn with the fingers easily.
    A very nice Model 50 you have. Superb find.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    A slightly different rotating notch rear sight plate is common to many higher end Diana's. Right through to the late 80's at least. Pull and turn with the fingers easily.
    A very nice Model 50 you have. Superb find.
    Looks like no one imitated the front sight? Even Diana dropped it in the 1950’s? Probably wasn’t cheap, and also it does limit you to 4 posts, but at least you don’t loose them. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Looks like no one imitated the front sight? Even Diana dropped it in the 1950’s? Probably wasn’t cheap, and also it does limit you to 4 posts, but at least you don’t loose them. Lol

I thought Falke used a similar system on the foresiights of their top of the range 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    I thought Falke used a similar system on the foresiights of their top of the range 90s?

Falke used a front sight element held in place by a spring, so it was easy to change.

-------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Falke used a front sight element held in place by a spring, so it was easy to change.

-------------------------
    Frank
    Thanks. Knew there was something different about it. A long while ago I had a Falke 90. The rashness of youth. I sold it to fund something more "modern"

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Does look familiar
    My 2003 HW99s has this type rear sight too. Only problem is the ball bearing is missing from the left to right adjusting bit.

Not an issue as I don't use the open sights

50b

I have an old Original model 50, .22, with the same sight set up and has a "50M" type stock. It is marked as Original Model 50 with no prefix to denote what the exact model is. I can't see any serial numbers but I would guess it's a 1950's air rifle. Any one have any idea what these rifles are worth these days

I'll see if I can get some photos

Quote Originally Posted by JACK RATT View Post
    I have an old Original model 50, .22, with the same sight set up and has a "50M" type stock. It is marked as Original Model 50 with no prefix to denote what the exact model is. I can't see any serial numbers but I would guess it's a 1950's air rifle. Any one have any idea what these rifles are worth these days

I'll see if I can get some photos
    Pics would help, condition is so much of the value.