Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
Following Shedtuners advice on piston sleeves, and not to overthink it I stripped the 35 down and looked around for a suitable sleeving material. I found some flexible clear plastic from the lid of a flash floor wipes tub but this proved to be too thick at 0.5mm

My search led me to the recycling bin and I dug out a 2L plastic milk container. I cut a big bit out of the side and it had a nice slippery feel to it. ( the label said it was PET ) it was also 0.2mm thick so ideal.

I worked out the internal circumference ( 75.36mm ) and made the sleeve 75mm x 100mm long. It rolled easily and I fitted it in so it went into the stepped area then put the delrin slip washer back which trapped it, making sure the small open slit was opposite the cocking slot as suggested

Then I added some more molyslip to the piston so that it lubricated the inner part of the sleeve ( should’ve done that first ). It was an interference fit now but I figured it would wear in a bit.

Reassembled and putting FAP pellets through it over the chrono it had lost a bit of power and was down from an average of 580ft/sec ( 10.2 ftlbs ) to 568 ( 9.7ftlbs ) but very consistent ( 563 - 572 ! ), which might be because the spring is a little tighter in the sleeve. I decided to add the remaining TBT delrin slip washer inside the piston and lo and behold despite only adding 3mm of preload the power went back to 587ft/sec 10.3ftlbs ( 583 - 591 spread ) with virtually no twang and no perceptible increase in cocking effort

Win win all round ( and a win on the Remy Express compact thread as well )

All I need to do now is find a 5” long moderator for the 35k and I’m sorted. ( so it’ll fit in the new gun bag without having to unscrew it )

Many thanks to all the contributors to the thread, and for all the good advice

Norm
Result! Nice one, Norm. As JB says, just enjoy now.