Thread: budget springer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OP You haven't said if you wanted a full power springer so I will add in the HW30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    OP You haven't said if you wanted a full power springer so I will add in the HW30s.
    A cracking gun
    As accurate as anything ive ever owned and a joy to shoot. Ive even used mine on rats out to 20yrds with fantastic results . The accuracy allowing clinical head shots . Job done !!!!!
    HW97kt .177 / Panorama 4-12x50 ao-ir ..HW97kt .22 / Viper 10x44..Air Arms Tx200hc .177 / Viper 6-24x56..HW95k Airmasters .20 / Viper 10x44..HW30s.177/Hawke 3-9x40 . HW45 black star .177...BSA Scorpion SE .177 /Varmint 4-16×44

Or if its just for plinking and close range vermin - ?

What about the classic BSA Meteor?

Treated myself to a project one at christmas. (Redbeck shooting shop at Wakefield).

Stripped, serviced, tuned all washers changed etc, with a 4 x 32mm scope on, good springer for when the occasional plinking session or close range vermin.

Swillington Shooting supplies had one in last week at £90.00 with a simmons scope on.
    (Skunky, used to have a Mohican in white, not cos of the illegal drug!!) Kill The Wabbit, Kill The Wabbit!! Air Arms S400 Classic, in .177. Tuned Rabbitstopper RJ Breach. Kandar Cp1 in 0.177. Remington Sabre .22.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky View Post
    What about the classic BSA Meteor?

Treated myself to a project one at christmas. (Redbeck shooting shop at Wakefield).

Stripped, serviced, tuned all washers changed etc, with a 4 x 32mm scope on, good springer for when the occasional plinking session or close range vermin.

Swillington Shooting supplies had one in last week at £90.00 with a simmons scope on.
    my first gun in the 70s I was ten at that time 22 model accounted for many rats on my mates pig farm happy days I loved it

Been reading this thread with interest as I'm just getting back into shooting after a three year break.
    Currently having my Mk4 serviced and bought back to life and in the meantime been thinking of getting a budget springer.

I know its a bit more money but what's the thoughts about the Walther Century ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wideformat View Post
    Been reading this thread with interest as I'm just getting back into shooting after a three year break.
    Currently having my Mk4 serviced and bought back to life and in the meantime been thinking of getting a budget springer.

I know its a bit more money but what's the thoughts about the Walther Century ?
    The Century is good value for what you get it needs the spring end sorting as it is cropped & a relube.Its a 30mm piston so not as nice as the LGV with 25mm internals but still a nice rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The Century is good value for what you get it needs the spring end sorting as it is cropped & a relube.Its a 30mm piston so not as nice as the LGV with 25mm internals but still a nice rifle.
    Well bit the bullet so to speak and got a Century yesterday, tried one in the shop seemed very smooth out of the box.
    They got me a brand new one out of the storeroom .177 on the box got it home and its a .22 in a .177 box so off back today to exchange it Doh!

Hopefully be able to give a few clues on how it handles later

In your part of the country you may just get a new HW99s for abouut £200 but you could also get the Hatsan 55s(.177) or the 60s(.22) for just over £100 leaving you enough for scope and mounts and possibly a gunbag and pellets.I have both these guns,the HW and the Hatsan performance wise there's not much in it they're both good guns so best go and look at them and handle both to see which suits you best.