Thread: Chiappa FAS6004 - An unfolding horror story.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think I've said on here before that I can't see why anyone who has read the various forum posts about the Chiappa 6004 would willingly splash out £350 on a new 6004, when they could spend a hundred quid less on a used but still very nice condition 604.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I think I've said on here before that I can't see why anyone who has read the various forum posts about the Chiappa 6004 would willingly splash out £350 on a new 6004, when they could spend a hundred quid less on a used but still very nice condition 604.
    That's the lowest price (SGC), they are £379 for the Ambi grip and £449 for the anatomical grip up north
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    That's the lowest price (SGC), they are £379 for the Ambi grip and £449 for the anatomical grip up north
    Which is nuts.

I bought two good condition 604s in the last 2-3 years. One working well and in standard format from a dealer for £250, one needing seals but with the sight extension at auction for a lot less (£150? Can't remember, but not much more). Both with the proper target grip.

I can't imagine a near-mint 604, cased/boxed, with bits, making more than £350 in the private market (that is the top end of excellent FWB65/80 or Diana 10M money, so about the right area, I think). Still £100 less than a lower-quality 6004 new.

And you can get an early-production Gamo Compact for £125-160 (or less). It's definitely not equivalent to a FAS. But it may be to a Chiappa. I mean, I have one, and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    ....And you can get an early-production Gamo Compact for £125-160 (or less). It's definitely not equivalent to a FAS. But it may be to a Chiappa. I mean, I have one, and it works.
    Potential buyers should think of the 6004 as a Chiappa product, not as a FAS product; there does not seem to be much in common with the 604 in terms of quality and reliability.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Very interesting-

several months ago I bought a FAS 604 off here. It had been rebuilt with parts supplied from Chiappa, the pistol wasn't especially cheap but I took a punt at it.

When it arrived my initial thoughts were it looked scruffy but the packaging it came in revealed quite a lot of spares. Anyway I tried it and fell in love very quickly! Since then I've refinished the grip and I'm quite happy with its 'battlefield action finish' - let's face it these pistols are meant to be used not looked at.

I used it tonight to shoot a couple of UBC targets for this months comps- very happy with the results!

Oh, before anyone asks I use JSB match lightweights in all my target pistols- I find them the best without doubt.
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk