Thread: hawke sidewinder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay666d View Post
    I have a Hawke Nighteye on my .17HMR and I love it... Such a crisp image and the reticle looks nice and sharp!

Recently tried a Nikko... The image was ok, but the reticle was nowhere near as sharp!

I'm now looking for a Sidewinder to put on my .223!
    I had a 4-16x50SF Sidewinder30 on my .223 for a while. Took it off as not as clear and crisp at 300yds as the Nikko Stirling Japanese Diamond 4.5-14x50AO i put back on Each to their own
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

I`m back,well i said i would be,Sent mind off to Deben with a explanation of what i think is not right,which is,(an bear with me as i am a layman in these fields) i think there is something wrong with the Parallax lens (if there is one).well Deben sent it back saying nothing wrong,ok i will keep trying the scope,so saying i zero for 20 yds an then Parallax for 40 it will be off to the left,also as an example i look out my window an there is a tree around 25yds away,sharp in focus an the side-wheel reads between 60 an 100yds.Been to the shop this morning an bought myself a Mamba lite,as something to use while i decide what to do with the Sidewinder.As a side note,,The Mamba reads true(ish) for the range,also zeroed the Mamba in the Garden (15yds)an the scope a little low but the vertical line 1 click out, an i mean 1 click.Surprised me. Anyway back to the Sidewinder, would i recommend ,afraid not.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    I had a 4-16x50SF Sidewinder30 on my .223 for a while. Took it off as not as clear and crisp at 300yds as the Nikko Stirling Japanese Diamond 4.5-14x50AO i put back on Each to their own
    Indeed, I have never yet looked through a Nikko sterling that gives a clear picture

I've got Sidewinders on both HMR, 4-16x50, & WMR 4.5-14x42, both 10x 1/2 mil-dot, they are the best glass at that price level & the ret is simply superb, very fine for daylight use on high mag yet still easily visible through an NV add on.

As it happens both have had problems with the ret coming loose/not holding zero, so both have been tested & replaced under warranty, but that does not put me off them in the slightest.