Thread: Explosives Certificate - Reclassification of blackpowder substitutes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    It wouold be interesting to know just how many preventable accidents have occurred because BP substitutes were not stored in an explosives box. I'm betting the answer is zero.
    I'm sure you're 100% correct! I'm just keen to try "proper" BP but the time it's going to take to get a licence is beyond a joke.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    I'm sure you're 100% correct! I'm just keen to try "proper" BP but the time it's going to take to get a licence is beyond a joke.

The explosives licence is pretty much a rubber stamp job if you have a muzzleloader ticket and it's ree so bang in an applicatin and just wait it out. I have tried a variety of BP subs and I really don't like them so it's BP only for me, but of course this prevents use on indoor ranges.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

i sent my license in to put sec 58 revolvers as per home office rules on to my ticket.
    they told me to send license in back in march and it be around 2 weeks
    well i got it back ens of september but i did put in 2 variations as well.....it was frustrating as i kept om enquiring how long it would be but was told its on the desk awaiting signing.
    i understand what they did but they never explained anything which would have eased my mind somewhat.....they should have said they are signing all of the sec 58 applications on the very last day before it became law and that would have been satisfactory to me.....now when i got my ticket back i forgot to add ammo on etc lol so i wrote to them and they said just send in.....i also send back my bp license to add 777 on as well and it all took around 2 weeks and no charge for the ammo etc which i thought was excellent

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i sent my license in to put sec 58 revolvers as per home office rules on to my ticket.
    they told me to send license in back in march and it be around 2 weeks
    well i got it back ens of september but i did put in 2 variations as well.....it was frustrating as i kept om enquiring how long it would be but was told its on the desk awaiting signing.
    i understand what they did but they never explained anything which would have eased my mind somewhat.....they should have said they are signing all of the sec 58 applications on the very last day before it became law and that would have been satisfactory to me.....now when i got my ticket back i forgot to add ammo on etc lol so i wrote to them and they said just send in.....i also send back my bp license to add 777 on as well and it all took around 2 weeks and no charge for the ammo etc which i thought was excellent
    I'm curious about this statement. A friend of mine moved house last year and he told the police he was going to add three antique revolvers to his FAC. They told him he needed to apply for a variation.
    This is news to me and other shooters I know. If there has been a law change (Section 58) it has never been mentioned by the MLAGB. I e-mailed the MLAGB to query the variations my friend had to apply for and according to them nothing has changed you can still put on a Section 58 and take it off when you want to. (According to my local FEO (Manchester) any Section 58 put on FAC cannot revert back to antique status) This I am told is not true.

Either I am/have missed something or the FEO's are making it up as they go along.

the home office removed 4 calibres ( i believe ) from the sec 58 creteria and anyone owning these had to hand them in or place on the certicate to keep.
    i think you could also apply for a firearms cert if you didnt have one
    the closing date was september 24 th or there abouts
    i agree its not been well advertised thats why i enquired around march this year and asked for the procedure on what to do.
    mine are now listed on my certificate but i cannot ever shoot them and i think they are reclassed as sec 7.3

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    the home office removed 4 calibres ( i believe ) from the sec 58 creteria and anyone owning these had to hand them in or place on the certicate to keep.
    i think you could also apply for a firearms cert if you didnt have one
    the closing date was september 24 th or there abouts
    i agree its not been well advertised thats why i enquired around march this year and asked for the procedure on what to do.
    mine are now listed on my certificate but i cannot ever shoot them and i think they are reclassed as sec 7.3
    Thanks For that. I see it is in reference to the calibres that have been re-classified. I had the impression that the rules on Section 58 had changed which is why I queried it.
    The pistols my friend had to apply for a variation for are not any of the restricted calibres so he should have been able to add them to his FAC and notify them.

Atb

Finally got my certificate back with UN0499 added as requested....

Only problem was that they had removed Black Powder!

Don't weaken....