Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
Hi

I bought a 50 action that came with a spare (Brand new) Export spring! It's mahoosive!! I can recall respringing an old type 01, That was easier than the standard 50 due to not having the three ball sear but the spring I fitted was an Ox

That was some years ago, I sold the gun to a mate, He sold it to another mate, Eventually he asked if I wanted to buy it back, The price was double what i'd sold it for a couple of years before!!

I would hate trying to fit the hugely long mainspring in to a standard mod50

John
Evening John.
I wouldn't say that fitting the spring was a walk in the park but I've had worse. I wouldn't want to go too overboard though as I can imagine that WOULD be a bu**er. Its shooting quite pleasant where it's at.
I'm guessing that whoever was the last one with your old T01 has caught onto the fact that they are pretty solid dependable units. Equal to (and maybe possibly better) than say an Airsporter or perhaps an Osprey or Tracker tap loaders. Someone did a thread a time back on the pleasant change having a session with an old tap loader can be and I agree.
I think that the fact that the T01s had a limited production life makes them just that.little bit more off the beaten track and a throwback to yesteryear.
This one can certainly bring home the bacon ir in this case grey squirrel (not that its flesh will ever pass my lips anytime soon )
Does anyone know the approximate date of introduction and cessation of this marque by the way? This one is dated September '82- a few months after I left school so definitely one I would have lusted after as a teen!
Dave